Should I stop?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by RainbowChaser, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I sent out some nice messages to people over the last few days. I just wanted to tell people how much I care, but most of them seem upset about it. And now today everytime I've tried to be nice people have got upset. Should I just stop trying? I don't wanna hurt anyone :sad:

2. ybt

ybt Guest

no

3. neverdie

neverdie Guest

Never stop trying. There are to few nice people in this world.

4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Nah, Sammie, don't stop being nice. :hug:

5. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

no u cant -it made my day
    love and hugs

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You are very much appreciated sammie. Don't ever stop being you. You are a terrific person. :hug:

7. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

No hun, I am one of the people who received a nice message off you and you probably know how crap I have been feeling recently but your message raised a smile to my face and I really appreciated it. My inbox doesn't hold many messages and I need to delete some practically everyday but that message is staying because it is so nice. You're lovely.

8. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

No Sammie, I appreciate all the nice things you have said cause it helps. The thing is, I feel like I am the one who is causing people to get upset, I just jerk off too much. I wish I can socialize more 'normally' and stop giving people wrong ideas. :sad:

But you can be sure no one is upset with you. :smile:

9. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Never send them out unless you mean them. Incinserity is the worst. But we all know you wern't being incinsere so good on you hun :hug:

10. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

It made me smile too, I appreciated it <3

11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

dont stop honey :hug: :hug: :hug:

12. fell

fell Guest

This sounds like a thread from someone who is feeling unappreciated for the good they are trying to do.

RC, please remember that even if someone does not thank you, or acknowledge it, it does not necessarily mean they didn't appreciate it. On a forum like that people might not reply for many reasons, so you sort of have to get used to trying to help people for nothing in return. If you are after something in return, then maybe put it in the PM.

It sounds like you help people to make yourself feel good, which is fair enough, but you shouldn't need someone to acknowledge what you have said to know that you have done a good thing.

Believe in yourself more and try not to rely on other people for validation.

13. RainbowChaser

No, some people actually got upset with me, as opposed to not answering. That is why I'm asking the question.

14. fell

fell Guest

That could have been for a lot of reasons. Maybe you have been nasty to them in the past and they didn't think it was genuine, or it was a bad time, or something like that. Or it could be totally unrelated to you in all ways, maybe it was a bad time for them.

My advice, if you are trying to help someone and they throw it back in your face, don't bother trying again unless they change the way they act. Or, until you can just ignore the insults and stuff and know you tried your best.

Why should someone trying to do a nice thing mean that that person ends up feeling crap. I know from experience it is the worst feeling in the world.

15. xan

xan Chat Buddy

If you've ever said anything nice to me when i was down then I'll thank you now just in case I didn't then. Sorry people aren't appreciating your help, the fact that you cared enough to try and help should be enough for them.

16. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

You shouldn't stop hun :hug:

17. RainbowChaser

I don't know :sad: Maybe I'm just not that good at being nice...

18. fell

fell Guest

It doesn't matter whether you are good or not. Surely if you have helped just one person that is worth all the effort? Especially on a site such as this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.