Should I take Meds?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Zer0 The great, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I've been wondering if Meds help and if I should take them for my Depression, anger and anxiety. I've always wanted Meds but I'm too afraid to tell my mom how angry and depressed I've felt mixed with anxiety.

2. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

I felt the same way a year ago. I left my parents a note asking for professional help and meds. When I got them, they repulsed me. They made me angry at myself. I felt so weak, so useless that I was living off medication. So I broke it off.
    Personally I would just stick to therapy or fight for yourself unless it gets real bad. But that's just me. I think everyone has to make that decision for themself.

3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

meds for depression are not as simple as antibiotics for an infection - they require a good combination of a therapist and a doctor (or a good psychiatrist), time (measured in weeks), trial-and-error, and adjustments over time

side effects, both emotional and physical, can vary

there may be a good combination out there for you but you have to search to find it, stick with it once you do, and honestly discuss the results with your therapist

I have not had good results with meds either, but i know may people who do

if you've only just started or have not started at all, it would definitely be worth investigating

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.