Should I take my dog???

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mindsmadeup, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindsmadeup

mindsmadeup New Member

Hi I need help on tieing up one last end, my bestfriend, I know when im gone no one will take care of her and she is such a jumpy dog. I would feel bad to just leave her in the same world I nolonger want to live in. At the same time how fair is it to her.
  2. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

It's not fair.

That's one of the reasons I won't commit suicide is my dog.
  3. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I would say no, my dog also most likely would not find a home, thats not saying she would not find one it is just unlikely,but to kill her, thats just cruel she did not do anything wrong.

thats just my opinion.
  4. mindsmadeup

mindsmadeup New Member

Plzz don't say it like that even if I know thats really what I would be doing :( Just that if I take her to the shelter and they put her down on a cold table alone would it not be better for her to fall alseep with me holding her.
  5. Johnnyc

could you possibly find her a home outside of a shelter like through an ad or something? Also if you are in the states some places have no kill shelters.
  6. mindsmadeup

mindsmadeup New Member

You know what I was wrong to even ask this, in her little doggie mind she is happy to be alive. It would be wrong of me to evn go there what kind of friend would I be if i did that. Sorry to waste your time.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I don't think killing an animal humanely is cruel at all. If I were to commit suicide I'd try first to get my cat a good home (NOT a shelter, he already spent a number of years at one because everyone wants a puppy or a kitty, not an older animal) and then try to get him euthanized by a vet and then, if both of those failed, kill him myself in a quick and clean manner.
  8. Johnnyc

If I had killed my dog then tried the act of suicide and fail the tremendous guilt I would have would be terrible. I would most likely try again as I always do but the guilt of that one act would remain.
  9. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

There's some good, easy-to-find shelters out there, at least where I live.... You could always sell it. Don't ever kill it, you don't have that right.

Hopefully you re-consider your decision to commit suicide.
  10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

...did you read anything I said at all?

Shelters are prisons without a trial.

He won't even know anything happened, with a clean death.
  11. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

My dogs are keeping me alive.

My dogs are also keeping me from having a home.

I swore to take care of them, to be their forever home. Its the hardest thing when I'm giving up my life for theirs.

I think a lot about whether I should take mine, because they're not re-home-able. I've been trying. They both have disabilities, too. But without them I have no reason for anything because I have nothing and no one at all. Lots of people say that, but this is literally true for me. I'm living in my van, by myself, with no family or friends at all - and no place will help you when you have pets.

But I just can't kill them. I can't. I think about it alot. I really do. Their quality of life isn't any better than my own. But what right do I have to take another's life? They're not suffering. They love me. They need me - at least someone does.

So no, I'd say no you don't. Pets are like children.
  12. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

no. dont kill the dog whatever you do. as a matter of fact i wouldnt recommend suicide either, but at least not let the dog die. she trusts you how could you kill her, even hitler couldnt do that (he ordered someone)
  13. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Or stay alive and love your dog and let your dog love you?
  14. Well-Known Member

Your dog didn't do anything to deserve to die. Drop her off at the shelter or something.
  15. Serbian

Serbian Active Member

If your mind is made about suicide, why not set one last goal in life to find a nice home for your friend? Your friend won't know the reason you're killing her, instead, she may feel as if she did something wrong.
    Better yet, why not stick around until she's gone? That would give you plenty of time to carefully plan your own death, and maybe even change your mind about it.
  16. Serbian

Serbian Active Member

Hitler loved animals very, very much actually.
  17. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

yes, please be good to your doggie!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.