Should I talk to a doctor?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ezza121, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezza121

Ezza121 Active Member

I really cant go on living as a failure at everything and the pain is all too much. I decided that i want to end my life, although i thought i would give it one more chance and that i finally convinced myself that i would go to the doctor and see what he has to say, is he the right person to talk to? i've been thinking about a therapist but i truly can't stand them, i don't know why. I have also taking up smoking, hoping that one day something would happen and it would take me away. It really makes the day worthwhile, after a terrible day at school which is pretty much everyday it really just relaxes you, makes me feel abit better when i get real depressed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2009
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Elliott,

I think you should see a doctor, tell him/her how you are feeling then they may refer you to a therapist. A doctor might prescribe you something for your depression so its worth a shot at least :)

Do you have anyone else you can talk to about how you're feeling? :hug:
  3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I agree with Daisychain, talk to your doctor about it and they might refer you to a therapist. How come you don't like them?
    If you're feeling suicidal therapy is definitely worth a go. :hug:
  4. Ezza121

Ezza121 Active Member

Thanks for the replies. I never really understood why I didn't like thearpists but I guess no one really likes talking about their problems. But yeah I guess it is worth a shot. Thanks guys :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.