should i..?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by xotoxthexendxo, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xotoxthexendxo

xotoxthexendxo New Member

One of my closest friends told me a few days ago that she joined NA, yet she still smokes more weed than Bob Marley ever did. I want to help her overcome her situation, but at the same time she asked me to smoke with her, and I've wanted to, to see if it'll make me any happier. I've gone through my first breakup within the past 2-3 weeks, and I want my ex back badly, and I'm really depressed. I'm just wondering, even for a few hours, will smoking with my friend make my life any less difficult? Will it be worth it? :/
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Drugs of any kind can give you mental health problems, even if you didn't have them before. They can make you paranoid, depressed, etc. Is it worth that potential short high for a longer time of depression and paranoia with it?

If your friend has joined NA that implies she wants to stop, even though she has not done as of yet.

There are more effective ways to try and ease what you are feeling, have you tried the doctors? Or therapy? anything like that can help. Remember that you are grieving, so allow yourself to grieve honey, and to get some support for it.

Take care of yourself
  3. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

i dont really see the problem with trying just once as long as you can trust your friend and are comfertable smoking weed. I dont think it would get rid of your problems it would just help you to see the problem in a different light and help you think of ways too move on as cannabis is a thinking drug imo. And i dont think its possible to become addicted or gain mental health problems if you only try it just the once, just dont smoke it all the time thinking its going to make your problems go away.
  4. if u have a chance of getting your ex back and genuinely want them back being stoned probably wont help, smoking with your friend will only encourage her and make her think its more acceptable making things worse for the both of you. smoking weed is fun but it stops u from actively seeking mental and emotional stimulation leaving your life empty. It happened to me once and i regret all the time i wasted getting stoned and doing stupid things when i could be having a relationship or bettering myself. I thought about it the same way you do but once it becomes an option for escaping reality it becomes harder to resist and changes your perception of life for the worse

hope this helps and things out for you:biggrin:
  5. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

it's an experience everyone should try at least once, but dont make a habit of it like ur friend.

HOT~DAWG~MAMA Active Member

Okay this is where the Hot Dawg Mama is gonna let it all out.. please bear with me, these are just MY opinions and MY personal experiences.

It's just a plant..

It's what I usually tell people. Funny, I used to do alot of hard drugs when I was younger (age 15-21. I am now hardcore drug free and have been for years) I'm talking about from Ketamine to Xanax, acid to exstacy, Nitrous oxide...and more.. but the ONE "drug" if u even want to call it that, I've done since I was 13 and still do to my age now of 27 is the Healing Herb Ganja.

I call it the healing herb, because for the past 15 years of smoking it almost daily, It's the only thing that REALLY helps me relax, actually gives me my creative inspiration too (I'm a tattoo artist btw, and it certainly does help with my creativity and makes me overall happy and less stressed out). It doesn’t make problems go away or solve them, it just makes a person less agitated, like there’s less weight upon their shoulders..but everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another.
    Of course if you smoke a shitload all day long you will get to that "stoned" state of mind where you will be stuck to the couch and won't want to do anything. That's not what I'm talking about though, that's when you've had a little too much. You must know what your limit is..which can simply be done by having just a little by little.

I'm very happy that I stopped all hard drugs, been a few good years now of just being a regular Herb smoker and I must admit it really is nothing like the drugs I used to do. Hardcore drugs just made me horribly suicidal, and made me literally 'out of my mind'. Many times I wouldn't even remember what happened the next day, and many times I would do hard drugs for a few days straight..really risking my life.

As compared to ganja it helps me through my days, whenever I'm frustrated or having a rough day I have just a small amount..turn off my joint and save some for later or the next day. I'll try to explain how it helps me in this manner: it's my "cup of tea" or my "warm soothing bath" if you can understand me here.

Although I'm not telling you to do anything, your life is yours and so are your choices.

But in my personal experiences, smoking herb has really helped me through ALOT of emotional times (more so than any pill ever did) and yet it never makes one so "gone" that you don't know what you're doing. In fact I prefer it to drinking alcohol as well, because at some point with alcohol you black out or pass out or throw up or worse - alcohol poisoning. With herb, the most that happens when you have 'too much' is you get either sleepy or just get a headache (and I say that because it depends on the herb itself..since there are many different types)

So do whatever YOU feel like doing. As long as you're not harming anyone else in the process then I don't see what's wrong with a moment of peace of mind.. and since you've never done it before, I would say to relax and not think about it once you've had some (IF you're going to do it) many people get paranoid because they feel they're doing something wrong and they over think it a lot...there's nothing wrong with smoking herb...and no law will ever convince me otherwise. To my knowledge, there's no proof anyone has EVER died from an overdose of weed. And if THOUSANDS of people die from tobacco cigarettes, but NONE die from Ganja, then hell.. I'll stick to my healing plant thank you very much! ;)

May peace be with you in whatever you decide to do and remember that only you can actually SOLVE your own problems in life.

** 2 funny quotes from the movie: Half Baked - Thurgood Jenkins: “I don't do drugs, though. Just weed.” & Thurgood Jenkins: “I've heard people say you don't get high the first time you smoke. Not me. No-o, not us. WE were really, REALLY high. We was to' up!” **
  7. sorry_mozart

sorry_mozart Well-Known Member

Just another view from the other side. All psychoactive substances, whether herbal or chemical, legal or illegal, affect different people differently. One man's meat is another man's poison, so tread carefully.

I've used all sorts of psychoactives in my time, but one thing I have never been able to tolerate is cannabis. To Hot Dawg Mama it may be calming and relaxing, but for me it inevitably leads to terror and paranoia and a variety of psychosis-like symptoms. Neither of my sisters can tolerate it either, which leads me to suspect that there is genetic variance in how people react to it.

I'm not saying don't try it - I think people should try everything once (except incest and morris dancing :) ) - just be careful, and don't try it because someone tells you you have to, or expect it to be completely wonderful.

But as for taking it with a friend who is struggling with addiction ... well, I'm not so sure that would be a good idea. It might help you to understand her problems a little better, but on the other hand it might reinforce her addiction, so think carefully.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.