Should I?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MourningAngel, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

I've got 3 situations I need advise with:
    1. I'm going to France on sunday and last year when I was there it was horribly hot. I wore long sleeves all the time but it was so hot! The thing is I'm going to stay at a cloister (Taizé, if someone has ever heard of it) and I don't know if I should simply wear t-shirts when it gets so warm again.
    2. In school. Specially in PE. I always wear long sleeves but now it's getting warmer all the time and we'll go out running again soon. I want to wear t-shirts again but I'm scared of what my class mates and teachers say and of course everyone else who sees it.
    3. In general public, like going into town with friends or simply taking the bus, 'cause not all of them have air conditioning. Or the stables, ever had riding lessons in summer with long sleeves?
    The thing is that i have these red scares that seem to glow in the sunlight, nearly heald wounds and of course the new cuts, which I will definatly cover. I'm not sure what I should do, go on hiding them or showing them...
  2. the Hollow

the Hollow Well-Known Member

The more the old scars are in the sunlight the more theyll fade. After the first summer I wore short sleves the only scar you could still obviously see is my wrist.I had a slip up a couple of weeks ago and its very obvious that I wrote something and that it was self inflicted,I have no intention of covering it up at work or privatly as otherwise summer will come and go and i'll be left with scars for months.
    I would be a bit more worried about fresh wounds if you have any as if people do notice your scars they then tend to take it upon themselves to inspect the rest of your arm.
    See how you personally feel..somedays you may feel more relaxed than others,I know its easier said than done but try not to let what people might think affect your day.
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I eventually just wore short sleeves at school, still had cuts on my wrists.

Nobody seemed to care of notice. I had no really fresh stuff, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.