Should I?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by cult logic, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Last night I was kind of panicky and I ended up taking an od of several meds.

I survived(obviously), but have been in terrible abdominal pain

I don't know what I should do. If I tell my mom she's gonna freak out. Though what if I damaged my organs?

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

It's best to get yourself checked out Brandon. Is there any way you can see your Doctor without your Mum knowing?

OD's can have so many unseen repercussions. You'll probably feel rough the next couple of days, just till everything is out your system.

Please go see a Doctor. And talk to us about how you're feeling hun.

:hug: xx

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Brandon,

You definitely need to get checked out just to be on the safe side at least.
    The sooner the better. :hug:

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I actually think I'm okay. The symptoms faded pretty quick.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm glad you're feeling better!

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Brandon you should still get checked out for any liver problems.. It's a slow painfull way to die..Go to your local hospital and have them run some tests..

7. Denial87

Denial87 Member

If you did some damage to your liver or kidneys, it's important to go checked out within the next couple of days. If something is indeed wrong, they can start a medication to protect your organs. The longer you wait, the worse.

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

*agrees with the previous two posts* Even if the symptoms are gone, you need to get checked out. ODing can do serious damage to your organs, and the only way to find out if there is any damage is to have some tests run.

9. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I really don't think that's a good idea.

I would have to tell my mom...

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Maybe tell your mom you aren't feeling well and think you should see your doctor. You can then discuss with the doctor what happened without letting your mom know if that is how it has to be. The problem with med od's can be that the damage doesn't always show up right away. I guess if your mom freaks, so be it. At least you can rest easy about your health. Don't you think she would freak if she has to deal with you fighting organ failure?

11. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I advocate going to the doctor like all the others..however at the risk of enabling or advocating in anyway there are two things you can do at home. Lots of water...flushes kidneys and milk thistle an herb for your liver which has proven to help "repair" liver. Avoid NSAIDs like advil, ibuprophen, naproxen/alleve and tylenol.

Again please see your doctor you don't have to say why you feel like crap just that you do.
    B

12. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

At this point I would just like to let what happens happen.

I appreciate all your concern, but I'm just gonna let nature run it's course.

13. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

That could be EXTREMELY painful and uncomfortable... and last YEARS and YEARS through that pain!! Not the best plan!! :hug: Just say you have a tummy ache and want to see the doc. Tell the doc you have been feeling pain or cramping... just let them check it all!!

14. hardcore

hardcore Well-Known Member

dude, research the meds you took. There is alot of info on the internet. You will probably be able to find something on the damage it may have done. I mean that is an easy safe first step if you ever think you od (well depending on how much time you have). I know this is probably to far after the matter but throwing up always helps. And eating some ice cream or drinking milk. Eating/drinking something in general helps. Make sure you get some vitamin c.

15. max911

max911 Well-Known Member

I think she rather be aware about how your feeling and how far it's pushed you, she could possibly push to get you in a better situation or counseling. Discussing it can be very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.