Should I?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dark_thought, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark_thought

dark_thought Guest

I've just been reading the posts here.

I have never self-harmed, or even considered doing it. Does that mean that I'm not truly suicidal? Does it mean that I'm actually happy or hopeful deep-down? Because if it will make the pain go away I will consider doing it.
  2. wienerman

wienerman Guest

i dont feel self harm is something you consciously make a decision to start doing, it just sort of happens. the first time i had depression i didnt even think about it, i was just purely suicidal. after my second attack of depression however i just found myself doing it, and i sort of go into a trance like state where nothing else is visible or apparent.

not wanting to self harm is good, because self harming is a very bad habit to fall into. i can say the morning after, even 5 mins after i regret doing it. it doesnt solve any problems, it just creates a million more.
  3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Many people who are suicidal do not self harm... it is merely a coping mechanism to deal with pain, release tension etc It is very complex but certainly not to be recommended and especially not to prove that you are suicidal.
  4. total_edge

total_edge Guest

I can only say one thing for those thinking to start cutting or SI
    somehow, it DOESNT help! It will not take the pain [emotional]
    it will not make you feel better, it will DESTROY your life, it will
    create all the time new and bigger problems.
    And if you think u can control it, after a while u WONT control it...
    And if you think that u have solutions for scars and burns and stuff,
    u DONT have , cos there are only temporary solutions in SI.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.