Should I?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dark_thought, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark_thought

dark_thought Guest

I've just been reading the posts here.

I have never self-harmed, or even considered doing it. Does that mean that I'm not truly suicidal? Does it mean that I'm actually happy or hopeful deep-down? Because if it will make the pain go away I will consider doing it.

2. wienerman

wienerman Guest

i dont feel self harm is something you consciously make a decision to start doing, it just sort of happens. the first time i had depression i didnt even think about it, i was just purely suicidal. after my second attack of depression however i just found myself doing it, and i sort of go into a trance like state where nothing else is visible or apparent.

not wanting to self harm is good, because self harming is a very bad habit to fall into. i can say the morning after, even 5 mins after i regret doing it. it doesnt solve any problems, it just creates a million more.

3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Many people who are suicidal do not self harm... it is merely a coping mechanism to deal with pain, release tension etc It is very complex but certainly not to be recommended and especially not to prove that you are suicidal.
    Shygirl

4. total_edge

total_edge Guest

I can only say one thing for those thinking to start cutting or SI
    somehow, it DOESNT help! It will not take the pain [emotional]
    it will not make you feel better, it will DESTROY your life, it will
    create all the time new and bigger problems.
    And if you think u can control it, after a while u WONT control it...
    And if you think that u have solutions for scars and burns and stuff,
    u DONT have , cos there are only temporary solutions in SI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.