Should kids...

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by carbon monoxide perfume, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Be allowed to bring guns to school for protection? That has it's ups and downs, wait not just guns lets let them bring anything they want that can be concealed...Is this a good idea? I can't see any flaws in it can you?

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

No I do not believe a child should be allowed to bring a gun to school. Kids can barely get through a day without having a fist fight, can you imagine the repercussion of them bringing weapons other than their fists? Why allow a child who has no idea of the consequences if they use the knife, guns, etc bring them to school? Kids nowadays have such short tempers and are easily fueled by anger...weapons will only bring more violence. If we do let them isn't that encouraging violence? Aren't we trying to bring an end to the violence and have some semblance of peace in the world? Even if it's just a little.

3. Yes but what if a stranger comes into the school? at least they can say it's a equal, and fair fight... At least if they do shoot someone we can legalize it so that they don't get in more trouble for having a weapon. Besides whats the worst that could happen besides a school shooting, or a good old fashion knife fight?

4. ~PinkElephants~

what about the teachers having them then, not the kids. An adult is further capable to understand the consequences and uses of weapons properly

5. That's a good idea to!

6. ~PinkElephants~

Thanks, I try...sometimes. I don't condone bring any kind of weapons to school, I think the school's these days are taking it a bit far by confiscating everything that seems to be a weapon. Some schools even have metal detectors and I think that's a bit much. I mean I understand some of it b/c of the recent school violence but I think now it's overboard. What do you think about the precautions school's are taking to prevent bringing the simplest things to school such as a nail file or other things such as that?

7. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

No, wtf.
    Why should kids be allowed to bring weapons to school? Violence is not the answer, and I'm appalled that you think it is. Some kids do not understand the consequences of their actions. Do you not remember Columbine, Virginia Tech? The massive tragedies that occurred there, all because of guns that students brought to school.

8. lawls <3 all of you on SF your responses give me a since of JOY!!!! Jessus how is violence appalling? So you only care if kids juts bring guns, but knifes are cool right?

9. Spearmint

You know, since is sense, right?
    Violence is appalling because it doesn't solve anything, and all it does is create more violence. And, kids shouldn't bring any form of weapons to school.

10. haha good thing you care more about what tense of word I use rather then the subject at hand hahaha! Any form of weapons what do you mean? I'm stupid now right since you care more about how I write my sentences? I'm pretty sure anything can be used as a weapon if used properly? Please tell me because obvious my intelligence is far less superior then yours darling=)

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I would hate to be a teacher with a class of 30 kids all packing guns.

12. Okay fine no GUNS! they can have mace or pepper spray!

13. Spearmint

Do not call me darling. :smile:
    I was simply making a comment, because since and sense are two entirely different words.
    I agree that anything if used correctly can be a weapon, but kids shouldn't be allowed to have real weapons at school. Nor mace, nor pepper spray.

14. Okay cupcake, how about poisons, and such? aka put it in your enemies food, get them back!

15. Spearmint

Do not use any form of a pet name to address me. :smile:

No poisons. No weapons.

16. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

Despisedmage, please be more respectful of Jessus, if she asks not to be called things like "darling" i doubt "cupcake" is any better

17. Okay Jesus, I mean Jessus, why do you say no weapons tho, makes no sense, other then your scared of a school shooting?

18. Spearmint

:blink:
    Violence is not the answer. I believe I've made that clear. Perhaps it's because of tragedies that have happened in the past involving schools and weapons.

19. Well people learn from their mistakes, maybe! What was so bad about Columbine and Virginia tech? Don't you think that they had just cause?

20. Spearmint

Are you seriously asking me what was so bad about Columbine and Virginia Tech? :blink: Are you on some sort of narcotic?

Harris and Klebold killed 13 people, wounded 24 others, and then killed themselves. Cho, killed 32 people and wounded many, many more.

And you're saying that's fine? You're saying it's justified?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.