Should people who do unforgivable harm kill themselves?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wastedmylife, Jul 21, 2008.

?

Should people who do unforgivable harm kill themselves?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    81.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I mean things like murdering or doing unforgivable damage to a innocent person(or animal)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I would think having to live out the rest of my life knowing what I did would be a much greater punishment than death.

3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I have to agree with gentlelady on this one.
    To me, someone who did such a thing doesn't deserve death. In death they will have escaped what they did.
    By living they have to live with the knowledge and the punishment.

4. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Everyone has the capacity of doing harm and everyone has the right to being forgiven.

I never liked how the government handles murderers and in my opinion either forgive the person for their offense and let them go or execute them.

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Exactly exactly exactly!

6. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Agreed. It must really eat away at you, day after day. It's like being tortured forever.

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

No. Some people harm and don't care. They just go on and on and on and they don't care. It might be difficult to understand but there are people like that out there.

As for the OP-. I don't see how that would help anything...I just don't understand the question.

If you're saying 'should people who do such harm die' then I'd say no. And anyway, killing oneself is different from execution or someone else murdering them. Suicide can mean that someone has control/say over their death- they could kill others and kill themselves and not even feel anything like sadness or grief. Others' damage and their own damage could be all tied into one, rather than assuming that the person would kill themselves out of remorse or sadness or feeling like they haven't been 'forgiven' by society. That's just one example of a person. I'm not saying other people who harm aren't capable of feeling remorse and suffering. I'm just giving an example where that wouldn't be the case.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  8. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

should they kill themselves? if you can feel remorseful enough to know what you've done then no. The ones that have no idea or can completely justify their actions should, probably, be killed.

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

What Corrina (GentleLady) said can be true, not always is though, some serial killers, rapists and etc who are sociopaths / Antisocial personality disorder do NOT feel remorse for anything they do, in fact thinking about it is pleasurable for them.

10. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Depends on the situation. If I were to go out, get drunk, and drive a car into a family, then my remorse may very well lead me down that path. But it would be my call, and not the direction of the state. Likewise, I actually knew a waste of human flesh who did what I just described and felt no remorse for the blood on his hands and even went so far as to blame them for the accident.

Do I think that he should be killed for what he did? No. What happened was a result of negligence, not malice. I hope that it eats at him, though. I really hope that there's a part of his consciousness that doesn't let him sleep.

Now, people like Ted Bundy, who kill simply because they can and so they can derive pleasure from it? I'd be just as happy if these people didn't inhabit the same planet as me. Lock them up, kill them, I really don't care; they need to be taken out of society for the greater good.

11. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

Agreed with Carolyn and Gentlelady. If someone did unforgivable to myself, I'd make them wish they were dead and they'd spend every minute of the rest of their lives looking over their shoulder..... I think that's torture enough....

12. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

If a murderer came on to this site and was suicidal, would we help him like anyone else?

13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I certainly would.
    I believe they are the ones in the greatest pain. And while they should be restrained so they don't hurt anybody else, they deserve help too! They are people too!

14. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

If they were truly remorseful I would probably feel bad for them to, I feel guilty over something that will probably haunt me for the rest of my life, I assure you nothing is more painful then living with a regret that you cant take back

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008
  15. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

interesting thread. Some homicides are justified in my opinion, others are not. I don't think suicide is easy but its a lot easier on everyone else. you don't get answers but there is no trial, state doesn't have to pay to feed and house you..etc. I think there are way to many people in prison, then again I've got no issue with death penalty or certain types of torture.

I don't believe many people deserve forgiveness.

16. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

I think its the weak way out for people like that, and they should be punished in life.

But as has been said, there are too many people who do extreme evil and dont care or enjoy the thought, they deserve to suffer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.