Should SF...

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by boo, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Should SF have a Thumbs up Thumbs down system like Amazon, Youtube and stuff? Like the ability to give a thumb up or down on posts (not threads) Given enough thumbs down, the post shall be deleted?
    Whatcha think?

2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I don't like that idea. I worry enough about what i post, if i kept getting thumbs down i would feel shit. I spend ages sometimes thinking how to word what to post, i guess it could trigger.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
  3. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

I have to say I agree with decode. I dont post on here that often for the same sort of reasons , although i':spidey:m usually in the background reading what you guys put.

4. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

NO.

I don't even like that being on other sites.. Some people worry enough about what they post. Putting something up like that would be unfair because some people just thumbs down stuff anyways to be jerks. If SF started doing this, I'd leave this site. I don't like having stuff I say be given a thumbs up or down.

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

So i guess my post gets a thumbs down... :tongue: jk. Yea i would imagine such thing would cause lots of problem.

6. NotThisLife

NotThisLife Well-Known Member

Like a rep system? Nah, they are too easily abused, I've seen 'em cause more problems than they are worth. Besides, while I have a very thick skin getting down-repped may very well be a trigger for some folks

7. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

nope.. i spend 5 - 10 minutes thinking about what to say, just to help people.. i dont think i need to give them a thumbs-up just to make them feel better.. my words should say what i think...not my thumbs :p

besides... i'd have 70 trillion-billion thumb-downs by the end of this week lol

8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yeah, sf has always been an anti social forum for me. Well in my mind. I just mean that, usually the issues that come with social groups and communities doesn't seem to be here that much. I think it's a bad idea because you'll start to have groups who "think" the same way and talk to eachother off forum and see a thread they like/dislike and thumbs it up/down leading to popular peoples threads being bumped, new unknown peoples recieving less attention because another thread has 10 +'s or what have you.

Ive seen some bad starting threads turn into great ones for the thread starter, but if a +- system was there, they might not recieve the same number of responces, would would lessen the development of the thread for that person. Na, I dont think it belongs here

9. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

Glad I am not the only one feeling this way and the reason I seldom post anymore.

10. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Owhr, sometimes I word myself badly. I mean it's a place where I feel free of the social aspects that alot of other gathering places have. When I came here, no one really knew anyone else that well, which was sincerly the best thing because everyones opinon and threads were equal throughout. The social aspect seemed to be insignificant when it came to the threads/chat room. I don't know about now, but I don't go into chat anymore or post about myself that much either, but I still feel that freedom here regardless of the social groups that have formed(which is inevitable, and also very good for people). :( Im sorry you are not posting that much because of it Mystic. I do very much understand where you are coming from on that part atleast.

11. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

This option is included in the current vB software and has been for a number of years I believe. But, as the others have said, we don't intend to turn it on for the exact reasons expressed above...

12. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

lol, jk :tongue:

13. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

noo... I feel like people would be posting less for fear of getting thumbs downed by someone.

...I wouldn't post anymore at all, more than likely. I'm really scared of people not liking what I'm saying.

14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Yea, i've always been a dog person.... :tongue:

15. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I think this would turn the site into Youtube-style comments, or a warzone.

Wait - Youtube is a warzone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.