Should the Human Species CHOOSE to Go Extinct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pppqp

We should stop reproducing. Why bring a child to this world when there is no guarantee how he is going to be in the future. Human beings are delusional. They never realize hope and fact aren't the same thing.

me1

We should stop reproducing. Why bring a child to this world when there is no guarantee how he is going to be in the future. Human beings are delusional. They never realize hope and fact aren't the same thing.
Very true. That's hopeless and fact. ;)

Zurkhardo

Humans have the unique capacity to help the planet as much as hurt it. It's expecting a lot, but we have the potential to help this ecosystem and live more sustainability. In any case, reproductive rates are starting to slow down, and most of the growth we're seeing is due to previous baby booms from before.

thorns_all_over

Resident Evil Poetic Genius
Staff Alumni
By reproducing at an alarming rate, given the population of the world as it is right now, we won't be helping anyone, certainly not the planet.
Humans are ignorant...
We will destroy this planet in no-time, guaranteed!

Enjoy the time you have left! :lol!:

justMe7

Aww we're not all bad :)
I know alot of you think we're fucked but here's one ignorant hoper who still believes we've got what it takes :) Anyhow more power to you though :)

thorns_all_over

Resident Evil Poetic Genius
Staff Alumni
If all people do is just to HOPE, all is already lost. Hope won't do anything!:grr:

It's ACTION that is required on a broad scale to have a chance of
improvement at all!! :stars:

justMe7

If all people do is just to HOPE, all is already lost. Hope won't do anything!:grr:

It's ACTION that is required on a broad scale to have a chance of
improvement at all!! :stars:
lol ok more power to you aswell, but i hate to mention it, hope and dreaming are key aspects to progression and a better tomorrow. But yes! ACTION! ... lol

so what sorta action do u mean :D

Wow I haven't been in the forums for a long time but the responses to this thread really compelled me to respond.

Those of you who say most of humanity isn't suffering are DELUSIONAL. I bet you live in America, Europe, or Japan.

It is a known fact that the VAST MAJORITY of the world is STARVING TO DEATH as we speak. Did this little factoid seep out of your brains while you responded to this thread?

Aside from human starvation there are literally tens of MILLIONS dying every year from PREVENTABLE disease that the 1st world chooses not to cure because there is no profit in curing the poor.

On top of that there are currently over 3 dozens wars, border conflicts, outright genocidal sweeps, and civil wars taking place in the world that are taking the lives of millions of innocent people every single year.

Only an idiot or an outright ignorant jackass would have the balls to say the majority of humankind is not suffering.

Should the world mass suicide? That is certainly a debate for the philosophers. Is most of the world currently suffering immensely? That is an answer that should be obvious to everyone except the most extremely mentally retarded.

Last edited by a moderator:

justMe7

What? Fine if you want to catagorise humanity in that way that's your case and weight to bare. I know, just aswell as anyone else whose posted in here that there are huge issues in the world with many suffering, But because you live in poverty doesn't mean you are suffering. Yeah im sure you're already getting ready to jump down my throat with that one but there is a suddle point to that. Somehow, no matter what we go through, people find a way to enjoy life. Even if they have the shittiest life, the best parts of those people is still there. There is suffering, but taking these current suffering issues and conflicts and using that as part of a justification for a philosophical debate on suicide as a whole?

I can see you're point, cause it's your point to make. I can understand you're direction, I just choose to see it in the other direction. Instead of the west and more progressive countries and cultures being the ignorant bastards who are leaving the rest of the world to burn, I see them as a progression that is on the way to creating a better more strutured tomorrow. As our socities are structured currently, aswell as our mentalities, we'd rape and cripple ourselves to bring balance to the world overall, and we'd be a hell of alot worse off. We can barely maintain this social structure that empowers and protects our freedom that is truly our own. From that, we're trying.

Mass suicide? That's just purely giving up, and I there are millions if not billions of non suffering and suffering people who aren't giving up, and trying for a better life.

Mr. Goldstein

Most people can ignore the following message since most will not be able to relate:

Personally, if I am not important enough to get invited to Bilderberg meetings, then I don't want to live. Why be born if you are not going to be at the top of the societal hierarchy?

Most people though are extremely content being nobodies: they don't even realize that they are nobodies, and they enthusiastically give birth to even more nobodies.

Please ignore the above message. Instead, discuss something more positive and mainstream. For example, discuss ways of promoting hope among people: everyone values hope.

Mr. Goldstein

What? Fine if you want to catagorise humanity in that way that's your case and weight to bare. I know, just aswell as anyone else whose posted in here that there are huge issues in the world with many suffering, But because you live in poverty doesn't mean you are suffering. Yeah im sure you're already getting ready to jump down my throat with that one but there is a suddle point to that. Somehow, no matter what we go through, people find a way to enjoy life. Even if they have the shittiest life, the best parts of those people is still there. There is suffering, but taking these current suffering issues and conflicts and using that as part of a justification for a philosophical debate on suicide as a whole?

I can see you're point, cause it's your point to make. I can understand you're direction, I just choose to see it in the other direction. Instead of the west and more progressive countries and cultures being the ignorant bastards who are leaving the rest of the world to burn, I see them as a progression that is on the way to creating a better more strutured tomorrow. As our socities are structured currently, aswell as our mentalities, we'd rape and cripple ourselves to bring balance to the world overall, and we'd be a hell of alot worse off. We can barely maintain this social structure that empowers and protects our freedom that is truly our own. From that, we're trying.

Mass suicide? That's just purely giving up, and I there are millions if not billions of non suffering and suffering people who aren't giving up, and trying for a better life.
May you have ten children, who will each have ten children, who will each have ten children, and so forth. Make sure that humanity makes its mark in the universe! Let the aliens know that humans are here to stay!

justMe7

Well, personally? I doubt ill ever have children but i'd love to, and there's not really a negative degrading thing you can say that will really change that or make me feel bad for wanting a child :smile:

As for 10??? I might want kids, but i'm not nuts. Could you imagine the mental crazyness of having 10! let alone the obvious DESTRUCTION id be encouring towards humanity :O

Mr. Goldstein

Well, personally? I doubt ill ever have children but i'd love to, and there's not really a negative degrading thing you can say that will really change that or make me feel bad for wanting a child :smile:
Negative? I think humans should have crap loads of children. And I hope you find a highly fertile woman to mate with. I have a new perspective on things: just because I personally am a sissy, does not mean all humans are. Most humans laugh at cruelty, give cruelty the finger, and lower their pants to moon it. Humans march on in the face of all pain and suffering: they don't let anything bring them down. I admire the human species for its strength. Perhaps I personally am just an inferior remnant of pre-homo sapien. Maybe I am 80% Neanderthal. There is the theory that Neanderthals mated with homo sapiens instead of going extinct: perhaps genetic shuffling resulted in me being 80% Neanderthal.

justMe7

Most people can ignore the following message since most will not be able to relate:

Personally, if I am not important enough to get invited to Bilderberg meetings, then I don't want to live. Why be born if you are not going to be at the top of the societal hierarchy?

Most people though are extremely content being nobodies: they don't even realize that they are nobodies, and they enthusiastically give birth to even more nobodies.

Please ignore the above message. Instead, discuss something more positive and mainstream. For example, discuss ways of promoting hope among people: everyone values hope.
Well without being a bit rough, but you're not important unless your part of the "elite" tier class? There's being important in the social and structural ways of society, and there's being important to other people, then there's just being important as who you are.

I mean if you think that you have to be the best and have "control" over everthing, then perhaps you're missing some of the more fundamental aspects of life. But I do agree with the principle that we should be aware of and capable of dealing with everything in our lives.

The Bilderberg Group, Bilderberg conference, or Bilderberg Club is an annual, unofficial, invitation-only conference of approximately 120 to 140 guests from North America and Western Europe, most of whom are people of influence.
ok.. I take it you literally don't mean what you said. Do you simply mean that you don't feel you are useful enough to exist because you feel you are not as capable of these sorts of people?

Please ignore the above message. Instead, discuss something more positive and mainstream. For example, discuss ways of promoting hope among people: everyone values hope
lol, mainstream :tongue: Narh hope isn't the prospect of this thread though is it. But it is a fundamental aspect, because it presents and encompasses a positive direction that deals with the serious issues that our race is dealing with.

justMe7

Negative? I think humans should have crap loads of children. And I hope you find a highly fertile woman to mate with. I have a new perspective on things: just because I personally am a sissy, does not mean all humans are. Most humans laugh at cruelty, give cruelty the finger, and lower their pants to moon it. Humans march on in the face of all pain and suffering: they don't let anything bring them down. I admire the human species for its strength. Perhaps I personally am just an inferior remnant of pre-homo sapien. Maybe I am 80% Neanderthal. There is the theory that Neanderthals mated with homo sapiens instead of going extinct: perhaps genetic shuffling resulted in me being 80% Neanderthal.
lol a highly fertile women. Im sure i could if i was looking, but it's not about that for me :tongue:

Aw man. .. give yourself a little credit. You're talking about this, even if it's in a somewhat negative direction, you're addressing a situation that bothers the fuck out of you, so in essence you are taking that head on. :hug:

Mr. Goldstein

Well without being a bit rough, but you're not important unless your part of the "elite" tier class? There's being important in the social and structural ways of society, and there's being important to other people, then there's just being important as who you are.

I mean if you think that you have to be the best and have "control" over everthing, then perhaps you're missing some of the more fundamental aspects of life. But I do agree with the principle that we should be aware of and capable of dealing with everything in our lives.

ok.. I take it you literally don't mean what you said. Do you simply mean that you don't feel you are useful enough to exist because you feel you are not as capable of these sorts of people?

lol, mainstream :tongue: Narh hope isn't the prospect of this thread though is it. But it is a fundamental aspect, because it presents and encompasses a positive direction that deals with the serious issues that our race is dealing with.
I said to ignore the post, it means nothing: let's discuss love: love is the key to bringing happiness to mankind.

Mr. Goldstein

lol a highly fertile women. Im sure i could if i was looking, but it's not about that for me :tongue:

Aw man. .. give yourself a little credit. You're talking about this, even if it's in a somewhat negative direction, you're addressing a situation that bothers the fuck out of you, so in essence you are taking that head on. :hug:
The human species will do just fine, as long as there are plenty of highly fertile women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00