should you tell someone if your feelin suicidal?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by andy2022002, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy2022002

andy2022002 Active Member

family know about my depression but they dont know how bad its been gettin.... should you tell someone if you are gettin suicidal??? woudnt it just be more stressfull or make people think that your goin mad ...... my life at the moment im just tryin to keep sane and tryin to change but at times i fear that i will do somethink when i get a bad depression episode just feelin confused

2. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

My family knows about my suicidality.
    In fact, my parents thanked me for telling them. It's very hard for them, but my mother says that knowing is more important.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I don't think you would come across anyone who would tell you to keep your suicidal feelings a secret. Depression is one thing, but suicidal feelings are serious :hug:

4. pisces

pisces New Member & Antiquities Friend

I had post traumatic stress and have joined this site because my brother came to stay with my husband and i 3 wks ago he is suicidal and had been feeling this way for quite sometime,events brought things to a head and he came to me asking for help,i'm finding it stressful and some of my old feelings are back but cannot stand the thoughts that he has been dealing with all thats going on alone for so long i just wish he'd give me permission to tell my mam and my sister but right now i cannot break his trust and i suppose at least he's not totally alone with this,no-one should be alone with those feelings, xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.