Shoulder dimples

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ThePhantomLady, Apr 29, 2016.

1. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm having a bad night and right now it's showing itself in me being very body conscious...

Other than my weight there's things about my body people have pointed out to be different and strange...

Well other than my weight...

I have shoulder dimples. In school if I wore a top that showed off my shoulders or when changing in PE it would always become a big deal. It ranged from "eew" to "cool!"

I looked up some medical stuff on Google. Apparently it's rare, and a lot of people find it attractive for what ever reason...

I have a 'cute' nose... its small and a drama teacher said it was a bit 'mouse' like... my septum is for some reason longer than my nose... and yeah...

I have long thick dark eyelashes. Even that gets commented on. Girls complaining that it wasn't fair... to being accused of always wearing makeup...

As a teenager people commented on my perfect skin...

My boobs bring big... ew.

I know people would love all of these things. And it could be worse... but the thing is, it always became negative. It was always people making me feel uncomfortable and wrong.

Why can I never love my own body? Why can I not appreciate these things? Why did I get an eating disorder and became overweight? Why have I selfharmed for most of my life and ruined myself?

I guess the people who say I could be beautiful if I lost weight would have been right if it wasn't for the scars on my arms and even face...

And I can't just lose weight like that, I deal with eating disorders and my doctor has banned any exercise harder than walking because of my spinal condition (scoliosis and bulging disc and sore hip)

Why can the world make you feel so wrong?
  2. ((((HUG))))

That is horrible that people have made you feel so bad about how you look. Being overweight is not the end of the world and you can't loose weight for many reasons. People don't know that and will judge you without knowing your story. It is not right but it is how people are wired for some reason.

I am overweight too and I self harm so I get your feelings on that. I also have a big bust much to my shame. I know I should not be ashamed of it but I am. I completely understand where you are coming from when it comes to body image. The hard part is that you can't just change your thinking with a snap of your fingers. Talk to your therapist about it and see what she has to say about how to change your mindset.
    ThePhantomLady likes this.
  3. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

I have dimples on my shoulders and its one of the things I do like, cause it unique.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I have that too, but only on one of my shoulders. It is good to embrace all of you, even your perceived flaws, because that is what makes you who you are.