Shouldn't life be balanced for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicesinging1

I hope some people can shed me some insights on this one. When I was growing up, I always had firm belief that life shouldn't be too bad and too good, but be balanced for everyone. In another word, no one has everything going well for them. No one has everything going wrong in their life. Everyone's life should have enough of good things to COUNTER bad things happening to make life worthwhile and liveable.
But from personal experience, from my life to some people's lives I have witnessed, that is not necessarily always the case. Some people just have so many good things going for them, hardly anything to complain. Yet, some people suffer day in, day out despite trying to lead good, productive lives.
Yes, I also realize free will plays a role in life. But no one deserves to live screwed up, drug-addicted, depressed life. Some people are just unfortunate enough to be born in very abusive family, go through abuse, turn to drugs to cope and be severely depressed for the rest of life. Some people get into car accident and become paralyzed for the rest of their life despite being hardworking, good citizen. That is just few examples of how unbearable life is for some people.
Shouldn't life be balanced with enough good and bad things to make life worthwhile for everyone? What is ur option if your life is still horrible after giving your best and having always tried to be the best person you can be despite horrible conditions u grew up?
Thanks in advance for any insights.

-Hank-

BlackPegasus

I try not to compare and assume how things are for other people. It's the differences in experiences that make us unique and sometimes things seem unfair. We wonder why it happened to us and not someone else. But we never really know what has happened to someone else as an outside observer. It's enough to worry about our own life, so why compare it to others?

My husband was obsessed with this idea of balance. Always wanted everything to be exactly balanced and if something bad happened to him he felt it should happen to me also. If something good happen to him however he did not wish it for others. I know how it feels to have someone wish bad on me so I wouldn't want to wish my bad experiences on others even if they "seem" to have such wonderful lives.

In the end I think it depends on what we value. Someone might feel I am lucky because I have this or do that. I might not value those things as much and therefore I do not see myself as lucky. It's simply not healthy to compare and worry about it because there's always going to be someone who has something the way we would like it and for that reason how could we ever be happy? Our problems may not even be a big deal to others who experience something similar. Some go through abuse and don't become addicted to drugs. Some end up in a wheel chair and yet keep a positive outlook. After all sometimes bad experiences can turn into blessings by teaching us and leading us in new directions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00