Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Mightbehere, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Well I'm going but I know there's that factor in the human brain that makes you want to live, I really don't want to die but I have too as there's no way out except to end things.

I have OCD or OCD like thoughts and memories brought from my depression these are embarrassing and distressing
    Deprssion that is chronic
    and Anxiety where I just randomly panic- I am not scared of anything just I randomly get anxious.

Its been hell since it started when I was a kid, massive stress and bullying started it I would of gotten help a lot sooner but accidents prevented that and couldn't get help for myself and my symptoms got worse.

since then I have gotten help with meds and psychologists but nothing works and nothing can change the past.

so should I suffer more and just get older with no prospects and unhappiness. I know I have family that cares and some friends that care. Looking at the statistics not many people commit suicide which is good but then it makes me feel like more of a freak, many people have anxiety problems...but really only 5%...I just want the pain to end and to be happy. I really hope that my method will work but what if it dosn't I don't want to be in my 30's with this problem or managing it. I find myself saying if I did it a while ago people would of been much more recovered now and I wouldn't of gone through this pain but also I just want to live normally and have a life like everyone else.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I have what at first would seem like random panic too. But it always comes from somewhere and the root can be discovered. Maybe try finding a new therapist if things haven't been working. Therapy can really help if you find the right person.

I think more people than 5% have anxiety issues. Seems like a low statistic. Also, it does not make you a freak for wanting to commit suicide. It's why we're all here, and you can see, not all of us are freaks! :laugh:

be well :hug:
  3. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have OCD, generalized anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder and I'm not sure PTSD so much as just a tremendous amount of baggage from severe physical abuse. All I can ask you is to give therapy a chance to give you stability and quality of life as it has for me.

On a darker note I still struggle with suicidal ideation but I agree there seems to be some innate survival instinct and wish for what would only be just-to experience life in a "normal" way.
  4. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

You are you and that is all you can be. Even with your mental illnesses, the ocd, the depression, the panic. you are who you are. However, with good support (counseling, maybe a mixture with psychiatrist and meds) and learning good coping skills) and support from us here and combinations from family and friends can make it a little easier for you and somewhere along the way you know you are cared for and can manage "it". being "norma" is what you want to make it! :hug:

anytime you need to talk please feel free to pm me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.