Shrink or internest

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by allyn666, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allyn666

allyn666 Member

So clearly, on top of everything else I really need to see someone about my depression. I have no will or energy left. I have been treated for mild depression by my internist in the past. What do people think, that I should see him or a shrink to work with my depression.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya. Maybe you could start with a visit to your internist to say you're feeling depressed again. He/she can assess what is happening and what you need. You could raise the question of needing a pdoc vs an internist and also see if you can get a therapist.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

3. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Depends on your depression also - I mean some can just cope with it as long as they know the actual process happening to them. A shrink - a good one, will or should point to whatever issue or issues manifest from the depression itself.

Also - I have no reason for depression - no root cause. So I don't need to open up as one might do if you were abused for example.

Exercise also Ali - really helps. Not sure if your depression makes you stay indoors - but this makes things worse really. Even lack of sunlight and your going to feel down in a major way - well, some get really bad as we know with the SAD syndrome (seasonally affected depression)

Any issues which spiralled this depression?

Some have nasty periods of life - bad jobs, relationships, bullying and other unsavoury aspects of life with the wrong people!

Some have self image issues - even pretty looking woman and handsome lads.

Anyhow - you might have your own ideas why you feel this way - stuff that happened and so on.

Just talking will help. Shrinks cannot help some of us - I mean if you feel like dying and have no reason - a shrink might feel professionally obliged to give you some issues. They may have issues! So you got shrinks seeing shrinks - like a car mechanic passing his car to another mechanic!

But - a shrink with issues - at least they know how you feel I suppose.

Its worth a try Ali - but open up a bit more here also and read up on posts in the depression forum and so on.

Sharing helps.

Once you know other people with depression who are actually living lives - things are not so bad. We all catch lucky breaks sometimes and something always turns up - a job, another women, or a man or new friends.

Just remember - with depression you will hate yourself - there is the danger you push loved ones away and people who might help. A shrink is a start - but we're better in some ways as we're not just doing this for money - and lets face it - anyone with half a brain could understand psychology - just read a few books - and party,

Its not rocket science mate!

Good luck and I'm sure you will be looking back at this in a few months and doing a lot better.

Takes time - but Rome was not built in a day was it?

Best of luck!

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Peacelovingguy hit the nail on the head (imho), and Acy's idea is something that you might want to look into as well! Bravo, excellent responses!!

:hugtackles: to the OP (allyn666) - wish you the best as usual ;) - and the two repliers - well done! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.