Shrooms

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hereforyou, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hereforyou

Hereforyou Active Member

I jus wanted to state shrooms will help you with your sub concious.They shouldn't even be called a drug it can be used to heal some1 mentally. Im jus stating my opinion of them. There "trial" it gave me brought up lots of stuff and i overcame it. I feel alot better after have that period of that trial. Anyways you guys prolly wont understand what im talkin bout unless you done them haha so im gon stop ramblin cya.

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hmmm, I've never heard anything about that. :huh:

3. Hereforyou

Hereforyou Active Member

Yea, it was pretty cool that food that the gov. coins as a drug can really help someone without abusing it.

4. lilboyblue

lilboyblue Well-Known Member

shrooms are a very powerful psychodelic. many cultures treat them as sacred, because of those properties. i've had a very intense experience with them and wish that i had been more respectful of their capabilities. i also saw one of the people i was with that night freak out. i agree that they can be useful, but they should be approached with respect and caution.

5. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

Shrooms really devestated me, never helped one bit, on 2 occassions I felt like I was gonna die, kept fazing in and out of concsiousness and felt immense pressure on my brain.. even before these 2 episodes when I would take them I would seriously dissasociate and be left with a very bad mental experience... so I think that like anything else they can help some and hurt others.

6. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I have hung out with folks who were fans of drug taking, shrooms being just one of their habits. From my perspective, they seemed to have a jolly good time seeing multiple rainbows in the sky, and perceiving golden halos around peoples heads. However, my mate experimented with hash pancakes (granted, she consumed a copious quantity for a beginner), and suffered highly unpleasant side effects, some of which MrDepressed accurately describes. She started freaking out because of experiencing, in her own words, 'time distortions'. It took her six solid days to regain mental equilibrium.
    If a person elects to experiment with quality shrooms for the right reasons, amongst the right company, and is guided correctly in terms of dosage, then I'd imagine it to be an experience brimming with potential.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  7. Hereforyou

Hereforyou Active Member

That's all it is, you have to take em with the mindset that you are respecting them and that you are using it for a healing purpose. I personally don't like drug abuse, but i dont consider this abusing drugs.

8. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

the thing about illegal drugs is that you cant guarentee how strong they are and because of this there can be a massive difference in how you experience it, sometimes it can feel great but theres a big risk of horror too, esspecially with psychodelics

also, to point out that you said they shouldnt be called drugs in your opinion as they are (for you) healing, well even medications that heal are called drugs, whether its ibuprofen or prozac, its still a drug, just legal, and saying that some arent without a perscription

9. Smythe

Smythe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, drugs seem to affect everyone differently.
    For some, after taking shrooms, all they get is a night of vomiting and nausea.

10. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

For me, mushrooms (or any psychedelics for that matter) are a god send and pure evil at the same time. On the plus side, they let us explore the inner workings of our mind and perhaps reach a deeper understanding of nature the universe, and ourselves. and i have reached spiritual revelations that have made me feel much better about life(if only during my trip). Although that was on mescaline not mushrooms.
    but on the other hand, when a trip goes bad... it goes BAD. It is not fun to experience ego death when you are not ready for it and are trying to fight it. It feels like you have gone insane, that you are dead, that you never existed, that you are in hell, that it will never end, etc...
    so yeah, i have a deep respect for psychedelics and they are not something to be taken lightly.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007
  11. Ellycat

Ellycat Active Member

Me thinks you should be on a shamen forum and not here. Surprised the mods have let this stay on here considering it's a suicideforum.:rolleyes:

12. Jackson

Jackson Guest

They made me extremely paranoid for awhile and then I mellowed out and enjoyed them. It probably didn't help that I was in a dorm with about 20-30 people roaming around on shrooms as well. The environment/setting is definitely critical for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.