Shud i go gothic?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by whybother?, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

hey ppl :)

just droppin by for sum advice , ok for the past few nites ive has dreams that ive dressed up all gothic and wore black and white makeup so proper gothic , ive always worn black baggys and band t-shirts and hoodies , ma g/f said she wouldnt mind me goin gothic , and i wanna BUT the thing thats stoppin me is the chavs and gangs that are around my area , they totally detest goths :( so i either stay how i am , or go gothic , which i wanna do , but that means getting kick in's from the gangs :huh: i hate living here!
  2. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

just be who you want to be :)
    people will respect you for that
  3. whybother?

id love to be , but gangs and the ppl round here beat up goths :(
  4. Tara

Tara Guest

not the chav's i know of.:dry:

people should be like that, but unfortunately they're too childish and immature to figure it out!
  5. Syd

Syd Guest

It is kind of funny that "being yourself" to some means to dress or style like millions of other people wearing the same types of clothes.

Don't let anyone stop you though, just do whatever you want. As long as you're not harming anyone else, who cares? Honestly, if others are happy, I'm happy.

If certain clothes are going to be that much of a problem though, then just wear them on special occasions like parties.. or when with a group of friends, so you're less likely to be targeted.
  6. whybother?

If certain clothes are going to be that much of a problem though, then just wear them on special occasions like parties.. or when with a group of friends, so you're less likely to be targeted.[/QUOTE]

now that is a good idea , i was thinkin of being gothic all the time but chavs are so narrow minded they target me as soon as they saw me , but on special occasions like with a group of ppl yea i cud dress up all gothic , safety in numbers , cheers :biggrin:
  7. Twowires

Twowires Active Member

How do they react right now? With you wearing black baggys and band Ts?

Cause I know round here if its not a tracksuit or a grey/blue hoody.. you better have running shoes on.

I say go for it! Be who you want to be, but be prepared for some flak - the scallies and cretins will insult you anyway.. but don't bring it on yourself (walk past them in full 100% goth gear).. keep some of the flashier stuff for when you're out with your mates reined in 'til then.

And ignore any goths who call you a poser cause you don't know Vlad the Impaler's exact kill count or have the correct shade of black - they're elitist idiots ;)
  8. goingmobile

goingmobile Active Member

Why are 'goths' called 'goths'. Just wondering.
  9. Maybe you can do a gradual change of clothing :)
    Then it isn't evident that you're "turning goth" right away.
    It may also give you time to become friendly with these groups of people that may be upset with the way you dress later on--that way they're like, "Nah...he's a cool guy...and he didn't always dress like this..." and sort-of look the other way about it?
    Dress the way you want.
    You're only young once.
    You only live once--and if we happen to have other lives, might as well make this one exciting and fun.
  10. Tara

Tara Guest

what everyone else said! :D

i think its a good idea "safety in numbers".

its sad how pathetic some people are..
  11. Well, you should be able to be a goth without having to worry about what other people might do to you, though society is indeed screwed up.
  12. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

If you feel comfortable that way. But if you think how stupid you may look or even feel that it's not yourself, other people see it.

Be yourself, not what you think others would like you to be.

Some people are just pure evil and lack humanism. They love hatred and hate peace.
  13. whybother?

thanx for all ur replies :smile:

and im well known by all the gangs round here (ive been beaten and robbed atleast 5 times this year alone), so theirs no reasoning with these low life punks

and i do get verbal abuse alot , which i dont even bother to reply to becuz i dont wanna stoop down to their level and intellect

i do wanna be myself , i really do wanna go gothic , and yes i may gradually start to wear more gothic stuff , so its not an instant sorta change, just to see if i like it or not

ive got a lass friend whos a goth and just the other week a group of chavs (for all u americans out their a chav is wat ud call a wigga but more violent) ina car drove past her and throw a large lambrini bottle (wine sorta drink) at her head , she had to have stiches , she didnt even look at them or anything! :blink:
  14. I'm not a Goth, but I'm constantly pegged as a Goth so I thought I'd give you my point of view.

If you decide to wear the dark makeup, the dark clothes, etc.., please don't tell people you're "Goth". Labels are stupid. If you tell people you're "Goth" then they probably won't take you seriously because the true Goths are the ones who label themselves. I know that hardly makes sense.

I have the whole darkwear thing going on with me, but I wouldn't dare call myself Goth. I don't want to be a label. In any case, my friend said, "Well, if people WERE to give us a label anyway, it wouldn't be Goth. I'd say we were more Deviant."

I live in the Southernmost part of the Bible Belt, so I'll tell you, don't let what other people think, do, or say stop you from doing what you want. I automatically get pegged as a Satan-Worshiping Whore at school when I wear my black skirt and Manson boots.

Yes, that's right. I like Marilyn Manson.

But does that make me any less of a person? No.

Anywho, what people don't know is, I live with my grandparents. My grandfather is a preacher. D'you think I would worship the devil in a preacher's house? Hell no. Satan has it out for me and sometimes I think God does too, but it's all gravy baby...

Don't let what other people say or think or do to you stop you from being who you want to be. Stick it to the man!:hit:
  15. whybother?

thanx for the advice! :biggrin:
  16. No problem. :smile:
  17. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

That is UK? Sounds like hell.

It seems these "chavs" have replaced skinheads as violent British youth gang? They're worse than just some idiot teenagers, they're criminals, if what you said is common there.
  18. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I think it's stupid how people label themselves. You can't really be "Goth" it's an era in time.
  19. Tara

Tara Guest

not really, not all 'chavs' are violent. again they are labelled unfairly.

around here the chavs are the "popular" boys from school (or used to be in school!) they like to wear trackies, gold jewerly, etc....though some of them just wear normal trendy clothes (i supposed you'd call them townies then though)

Some of the chav's are the nicest boys you could meet...others on the other hand...
  20. goingmobile

goingmobile Active Member

Yea- I'm with whoever said that about it being an era in time... It's a type of architecture. But I was just wondering why people are called gothic. Are they german barbarians who enjoy storming the Pope in their free time ? I'm interested how it became a social term.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.