1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shutting down

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Heizenburg, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Heizenburg

Heizenburg Member

When your suicidal, and you act on it, you are either in a fight or flight manic episode, or a long term depressive shutting down period. I have experienced both. When your shutting down, I would describe this as being a diplomat of spirits, losing contact with those around you so that if you do decide to go, they either won't notice, or won't feel responsible.

On Christmas day, I got a text from a lady I met in hospital a year ago. I think of texts as cheap and tacky, but this one changed my life more than any drug ever could. It saved my life. I didn't realize it, but I was "shutting down", and contact from this one person made me realize that. What if I had already gone? How would I reply to the text?

This whole experience has given me a new problem. No other persons text would have had that impact on me. She is the love of my life, but she is Married. I feel subordinate to other men, and I then get depressed about this because I feel it is sexist. I don't like the idea of sexism. I feel a new sense of dread coming over me -- A higher frequency of diplomatic shutdown with a slight sense of optimism keeping me hanging on. I have come to hate myself as a person. I am a sexless womanizer and I can't even help it. I make women feel like they're the one, and I don't have the balls to make them the one, partly because I am attached to someone else in some fantasy World and I would be cheating on them. I am afraid to move, but have said some stupid things to some Women from my past, in the hope that they would offer an escape from my forbidden love that I had been running from. One of them doesn't even live in this Country anymore. My psychology for thinking that she was the one was that I would be prepared to move Country for her. The sad reality is I don't even know my own mind.

So, as of Christmas day, I would see out the rest of my life, but now I am not sure what for. But that feeling I got on Christmas day - Is worth having lived for alone.