Shy for desires, particularly my hairstyle.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Joshy, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

My bangs aren't growing out. I'm a guy and I want that old 2003-2005 'Emo' hairstyle that was pretty popular around then. Short in the back, long on the sides, and bangs neatly swept over to one side. But no longer than the jaw line.

I'm letting my hair grow out for that (and I always do.)
    But I'm too nervous to actually ask or discuss that with a hairstylist about the hairstyle I want.
    So I almost always get it all trimmed super short, or just trimmed an inch or two off only to repeat this all over again. :/

I'm nervous of asking because of the fact that I know it's just a stereotype that that hairstyle is associated with being Emo in that time period, and I don't want to be judged for what I want. I just want to be attractive rather than having my fluffy bad bed hair I always have. Seriously my hair is curling over my right side of my neck and I have a weird puffy mullet going on!!! Then I also have problems with my bangs not growing fast enough now. They just will not grow long. How long do I have to wait for them to grow down to my lips?!

Also, I have this split between my damn bangs just above the right eye (closer to the center of the nose) where it wont stay closed. How can I fix that?

Anyways this is more of a rant than a discussion. But what are your desires that you can't pursue due to nervousness and insecurity?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun just take a picture of hairstyle you want and show it to hairdresser ok that way no words need to be said hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.