Shy/Introverted/Low self esteem

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by wanttodie, Dec 8, 2007.

1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

Do you think women can like men with traits like this ?

I highly doubt it.

2. 89mike

89mike Active Member

That description fits me pretty well. I've found that I can get women but can't build up a relationship with them. But I'm working on it.

3. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

it depends on the girl
    one of my mates is a confessed liar, a moron, he dosnt do work at school, he's seriously as dumb as rocks and has no self confidence at all. he looks like gollum too no shit. this stuff aint one word of a lie.

but his girl was very very lovely. a nice cute little blonde girl about his age.
    hell even my family said my friend outdone himself and is not worth a girl that good. or any girl for that matter

they broke up eventually though.

4. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

I think most womens idea of a shy man is someone who is not a loudmouth, shy a little but not enough to have any negative effect. Being very shy is something else and tends to repel the opposite sex.This is especially true if men show any physical symptoms such as blushing and stuttering which are repugnant to most women. Its certainly possible if very shy to get a partner but much harder. I think the only way to counter this is to work at confidence to become more normal and therefore acceptable.

5. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

I find shy men very sweet! If a guy blushed when he talked to me i'd be so flattered!
    Unfortunatly i'm a shy woman, which seems to repel men, so i never get the chance to form a relationship. But to answer the question, i think a shy, low self esteem man can be attractive. I'd trust them alot more than an extrovert, and together their confidence might grow!

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I'm also on an anime / computer games forum and they did a poll of their ideal woman. 'Shy' won. Geeky blokes love shy women, but shy women don't tend to like geeky blokes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  7. wanttodie

that describes me there..not only that i think im a coward as well which is something no woman will like..nowadays i don't really care if i remain lonely for my whole life because im getting accustomed to it slowly..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  8. wanttodie

I don't seem to encounter shy girls in real life. Where are they all? All the girls I encounter or see, tend to be very social and not afraid to express themselves. I knew only one girl during my undergraduate who was anti social and did not trust any one, I don't think that fits into "shy" category. I'm quite anti social (A bit like Piccolo lol) as well but I have had shyness issues right from child hood.

9. 89mike

89mike Active Member

If you're a quite persion yourself you probably fancy people who you can relate to, so quite/shy people. But in a long term relationship you probably have to come out of yourself and not allowed to be too quite. Otherwise you nor your patner gets something out of the relationship.

10. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

Hehe, you're like Piccolo! That's pretty cool! I'm not like any of the dbz girls... they're all really loud and bossy lol.
    I know what you mean, i don't know many shy girls. I've always been shy. I'm not anti-social, but i find it hard to start conversations, so i tend to get nervous in social situations. I tend to keep myself to myself, which can sure make me lonely!
    I agree with people being attracted to people like themselves. I tend to get put off by really loud and confident people!

11. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

A person is far more than just 'shy, introverted and low self esteem'...people are far more complex than that and develop and change and are just beautiful. And if someone was shy, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and it can be very very endearing. As for what 'women' like, 'women' are very different and people (or I) base their/my attraction on far more than if someone was "shy/introverted/had low self esteem." I don't know. If someone looked at me they'd think I was shy and unassuming mainly because I find people in groups frightening but I like messing around with their expectations:laugh:. Really, all I'm doing is studying them and watching them because I find it all very funny and interesting. And in the past I've seemed to attract men who have blushed/been very awkward around me but after looking at their myspace...it was all very disgusting..a lot of homophobic/transphobic/misogynistic idiots who have serious problems with their so called 'straightness.':rolleyes: So a person, when they are interested in someone can be attracted to superficial things like someone being shy but for me personally, that isn't a huge thing.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  12. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Self-esteem and confidence are the #1 things that every woman in the world is attracted to. If you have low self-esteem you will never be attractive to a woman.

13. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Women in general are more outgoing and more verbal than men are. A shy woman could be as talkative as the average man is.

14. I am a really shy person, but i can be quite loud if i feel comfortable infront of atleast one person, many people see me as quite funny(why i don't know) but in my opinion, i don't agree with the above comment that all women like men to be confident and stuff, because if my opinion counts, i find confident men a total turn off, fair enough yeah they take care of themself...but when they spend more time looking in the mirror than u do:huh: i hate it, and it gets to the point where it's not just confidence, its arrogance and they think they're better than u. I much prefer shy men, although it is harder to connect, it ends up better in the long run in some cases...and the whole stuttering/blushing i find it cute, it's much more flattering than someone who is all up in ur face acting like they could get u in an instant!!

15. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

Im really shy and i do think that women dont like it at all. Actually, i think they dont even see me as a man. But there is something good about this: it attracts shy women as well, and i find them really cute!

16. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I'm shy, introverted and have low self esteem. I'll probably end up with a big, fat and smelly chick that likes my cooking.

17. wanttodie

What you are saying is actually true. A lot of these confident alpha males are extremely arrogant and insensitive at times.