Shyly waves hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by isoko49, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isoko49

isoko49 Member

Hello everyone,
    I found this site yesterday whilst feeling a bit down and needing a bit of anonymous support - you know how it is, you just can't tell "real" people exactly how bad you're feeling. So it's been nice to have a browse around the site and realise how many people out there feel the same way I do.

Quick background - I'm 29, mum to 2 girls aged 1 and 3. Have suffered depression a couple of times in the past since adolescence, but worse after birth of baby 2. Ended up taking 2 overdoses in 1 week back in April and was hospitalised from then until just 2 weeks ago. Struggling to cope with the real world again, although outworldly most people think I'm doing fine. On numerous different pills but none seem to be helping much and some are actually causing more problems than they're worth. At the moment I have vague plans for self harm and suicide, but trying to keep putting them off for another few days for my girls sake.

SO not such a quick intro after all.

2. Robin

Robin Guest

Hi there :) Welcome to the site :hug: Sorry you had to find us because you're feeling the way you are but if you need a friend just drop me a line :)

3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF! :smile:

4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hi there, welcome to the forum :)

Take care.

5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hello, welcome to the forum.

i hope we can help you find the help you are looking for.

stay safe :hug:

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

welcome to the forum
    you'll find here that you're not alone, and I hope that you can find support here and hope that you will make it through this
    :heart:

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:

8. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to the forum =D

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I am glad you chose to look for a place that could help support you and happened upon us. I wish we could meet under different circumstances, but am glad to have you here.

10. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. Hope you find the support you need here. :hug:

11. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. Hope you find the support you're looking for.:smile:

12. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

13. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

Hey and welcome :)