SI journals?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Matt93, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

I was wondering, does anyone here actually take photos or something of their Self Injury and keep a diary?

I was thinking about setting up an anonymous Tumblr, that would be noted as "The Diary of a Self Harmer" and posting photos of the Self Harm, and writing about it.

I know I'd get a lot of responses calling me an attention seeker and stuff, but if it was anonymous, and nobody knew it was me, how could it be attention seeking?

I think, the whole purpose of the idea of doing this would be to explain what goes on in my life to people, show people the effects of my life, and try to get through to the people who automatically assume those who self harm are attention seekers. Effectively, I think I'd like to try and help rid the world of the discrimination that self harmers, like myself, endure.

I was thinking at first about putting it on here, but there's a possibility of it triggering people, so I wouldn't post it here.

Would appreciate feedback guys :)
    Love you all,
    Matt :)
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'd like to read what you have to say about self harm but i couldn't do it if there were pictures. i'd find it too triggering. goldenpsych has a blog about SI that is very good. the URL is in her signature. hope you find a place to write. let me know.
  3. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

I'll be sure to set one up then. I won't post pictures, I realised that it could be quite triggering for some.

Thanks for the feedback dude :)
  4. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Personally I find pictures quite triggering. I can read other peoples thoughts on it but pictures it makes it too real. I was watching a film the other day that had it in and it made me so anxious my heart rate went sky high and was all I could think about.

Let me know the URL once you have set one up. I read quite a few blogs that people who self harm etc. Have a look at the ones I follow, some interesting reading in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.