SI Returns

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sad&Bipolar, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sad&Bipolar

Sad&Bipolar Active Member

I was in the hospital 4 times from May-July. I was last discharged on 8/1. I have been out of the hospital since, for 2 months and 21 days. Today, I had suicidal feeling for the first time since I was admitted to the hospital in late July. I have a Case Manager who called me today, and was concerned. The last thing I want is to go back to the hospital. I am so afraid they will insist that I have ECT if I do. They were adamant about it the last time I was in, but I kept saying, "NO!" In my state doctors can override what the patients wants in regards to ECT and I can be forced to have treatments. I have to do all I can to stay at home. When the SI feelings are at their worst, it makes it hard to remember and enact coping skills. I just needed to talk about this today.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you keep talking here ok, It helps to know you are not alone. Is there something that triggered these feelings again If so maybe talking about it can help

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

http://www.disabilityrightsca.org/pubs/539801.htm

Unless you are totally incapacitated to make decisions, and have a slew of drs that pursue court action, and the consent of relatives, you cannot be forced to get ect, so take that off the table as a concern. That is not to say that it is not a valid treatment method for some people and something some people choose to consider as a viable alternative (in which case they must prove they are capable of consenting as well).

So far as having a place to talk if that is all that you need then here is a great place to talk about your feelings. If that gives all the relief needed then I hope you stay around here and talk to us.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.