Sick and tired...literally

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by barelybreathing, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Might as well introduce myself. I'm a single mom, out of work due to a chronic, progressive disease and trying to get SSDI. At least I was approved for long term disability through my former employer so I do have an income but it's quite a bit less than I was used to. I've been depressed my entire life, long long long before I became ill. Attempted suicide a few times but not since I was a teenager. I think about it all.the.time now though. I don't feel well EVER. I'm financially ruined. I can't deal with my son's father because he's just so mean and one of these days he's going to drive me over the edge because the edge is very close. The ONLY thing keeping me here is my youngest son. I know it would absolutely devastate him if I were to leave him like that. I do have an appt. next week with my regular doctor to discuss my depression medication and how it's not working any longer. I've put it off for a long time because she made a comment once that people shouldn't have to change anti-depressant medications every few years because they all work the same, basically, and if mine isn't then something else must be wrong. I had another doctor several years ago that told me just the opposite. I don't know which is true but I want to feel better. I want to feel alive and like I CAN DEAL WITH THINGS.

***edited to add that my disease is generally not fatal. rarely, yes.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

THe truth is your body becomes use to the antibotic so yes it should be adjusted some either up dosage or changed to a newer antidepressant with less side effects
    I hope you see a doctor that understand that perhaps ask to see a pdoc even to help you with your depression You do not want to pass on the suicidal trait to your son or that sadness you feel so i do hope your doctor listens to you and help you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.