sick and tired

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by meh__, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meh__

    meh__ Well-Known Member

    [I hope this doesnt make me sound like I am whining or anything]

    I have had depression since I was 13;I'm 19 now. I don't know what to do anymore to help myself get any better. I was doing okay but shit never ends. My mum is an alcoholic, and my brother is a druggie,has severe anger issues and you can't talk to him without getting verbally shit on. My dad doesnt have a fuckin voice unless it is to call my mom a drunk or cause some huge blowup with her. My family does not interact at all unless it is to have a horrible fight that ends with holes in the walls and everyone leaving to get drunk or high or whatever. I havent talked to my brother in months and we live in the same fucking house. No wait we screamed at eachother yesterday about who's fault it was that my parents were fighting. My parents know Im severely depressed and I have a therapist but I have noone else to tlk to. I also have alot of other issues besides my family so even if I got out of here,I'd be in the same sad state. Sometimes at night I will drive my car and park on the traintracks and just sob. I know my problems are probably stupid but I just needed to rant, sorry.
  2. Leiaha

    Leiaha Well-Known Member

    Don't be sorry meh, you have nothing to be sorry for. Anybody can post here anytime they like, including you :wink: It's good to rant sometimes too. I'm sorry you have such a hard time at home, it can't be easy for any of you especially for someone depressed. Do you have anywhere you can go to escape for a while if it gets too much?

    Lea :hug:
  3. mdmefontaine

    mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

    hi. i am really sorry about your home situation. :sad: leiaha was right. . it would be nice if you had a friends house to hang at for awhile, or a trusted adult friend, family friend?

    have you talked to your therapist about the hopelessness you are feeling?

    you did a good thing, by reaching out here. there are a lot of caring people here . . all of us will be your friends, reach out to us and we can help each other. please be good to yourself. .. take care of yourself. don't be near the train tracks, please don't put yourself in danger. the world is BETTER with YOU here. . you are valued.

    here is a mom hug . . . . :hug:
  4. Stranger1

    Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

    Hello meh,
    Talk to your therapist, maybe he/she can give you options about staying some where. It sounds to me that you need a change of pace. Maybe it will take your parents eyes off each other and realize just how much harm it is doing you.
    As far as your brother goes, sibling arguments are normal. My brother and my self never got along until we got older. We still piss each other off now and then but for the most part we have buried the hatchet between us.
    Do you have any relatives you can stay with for a little while just so you can regain your composure and peace of mind. I am here all the time so if you need to talk then PM me I will listen to you!!~Joseph~
  5. Petal

    Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

    Hi Meh_

    No one's problem's are stupid. We all feel our problems are less than others, but they can hurt equally. Have you talked to your therapist about the situation in your home? If not,you need to so she can give you some advice on how to deal with it. Maybe encourage your brother to have therapy too? I hope you feel better soon hun, I'm always here if you need someone to talk to,take care :hug:
  6. meh__

    meh__ Well-Known Member

    Thank you everyone for replying, it was helpful:)
    I made an appointment with my therapist for Monday, hopefully she will give me some advice on how to deal right now.
  7. sudut

    sudut Well-Known Member

    Your problems are not stupid. It is neither you nor your brother's fault that your parents have issues.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.