Sick of bad!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by TaraB3ar, Oct 21, 2009.

1. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

I dont want to die, but I dont want to live in this world. I feel like Im constantly bombarded with news of all the bad in the world and its depressing. Every time the news is on all I hear is tragedies, people dying who shouldn't, children raped, a man hung a dog with a chain then beat it death for heavens sake! What is wrong with people? I'm in nursing school and i keep hearing about health insurance companies and how they just let people die instead of covering them. Like this 17 year old girl whose health care company refused to pay for a liver transplant claiming it was an "experimental procedure" so she died. I want to be a nurse to help people and im scared i will have patients that I have to watch die and i cant help because of money. thats just disgusting. Why are we letting our world crumble? I need to hear some good news, some hope that this world isnt just doomed. I want a baby and a family in the future but I wonder about bringing a child into this world. I want things to be better!
  2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

The world is a scary place and overwhelming but all you or any of us can do is change ourselves. We have to be the good people in the world, You and Me, we have to lead by example. We have to set standards and be brave enough to say No or stand up for something that we do not agree with. We may not always win but we try and thats all anyone can do. You sound like a good person Tara. And dont think "why would i bring a child into this mess of a world" your should think "I should bring an angel to this world and raise him/her to the best of my ability to make this world a better place". Imagine if everyone thought like us, wouldnt the world be a lovely place. So lets start now and just be kind. Give and treat other how you would like to be treated.....even if some people are complete and utter *beep beep beeps*. XXX
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

NoGood, you said it well. I agree 100%.

The world has always had bad in it, Tara. The world hasn't always had news service like we have now and people had that much less stress. Focus on your life, just for today, live in the here and now.

4. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Oh and one other thing. Ive stopped watching certain news channels cause all they do is report the bad and it can be pretty overwhelming. If you want the news, look for it online so you can choose what you want to hear about. Im travelling the world at the moment. Back home in Ireland, the news is soooo depressing, im in australia at the moment and they report like 70% good and 30% bad, i actually enjoy hearing the news now. With all the bad its nice to see some miracles aswell.
  5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

The world isnt perfect. Sometime its better to put a barrier. I'm glad to hear you're still looking toward the future.
  6. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

There is lots of good in the world, the media just gets ratings by reporting the bad stuff. Everybody loves dirty laundry. The medical field is a difficult one and learning about all these illnesses can cause anxiety. Not to mention, there is just some sad stuff in the world. To watch elderly people suffer and children with terminal illnesses. Have you ever though about being a nurse in a cosmetic surgeon's office? It is less depressing, good money from what I hear, and you would meet lots of interesting people!
  7. TaraB3ar

Thanks guys! Actually I'm probably going to a nurse in labor and delivery or neonatology. So i can work with babies who are innocent :)

I especially liked what you said nogood, about bringing an angel to help make the world better, because thats a good way to look at it. i think i remember hearing somewhere that mozart's mom almost aborted him. Maybe i'll have the next Einstein baby :p
  8. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Thats the spirit. The new world will be full of good and decent people and every single one counts. If you can raise a child to be good and decent, who in turn has a child that is also good, then you will be helping to bring about the change this world desperately needs.
  9. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

the worlds a fucked up place always has been always will be and the only thing you can do is be tough
  10. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

I agree the world is a fucked up place BUT we can all do our part to make sure the good outweighs the bad. I had my car stolen yesterday and my insurance doesnt cover theft so basically, ive been living on beans saving for this car and some prick steals it after 3 weeks. 20k saved and i have nothing to show for it. On the other hand last week i became a proud Aunt to the first baby in my family. Clearly im gutted about the car but i have so much to be thankful for and all i can do is keep the faith in karma and god.
  11. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

the human population is a sick population, death, dieing, wars, disasters, all these things people watch, read and talk about, its popular. Everywhere you look something can make you sad :(

If they weren't popular all stories would be able cute cuddly good things happening all over the world.

That said with all the bad things happening, i feel the good things that occasionally happen stand out more.

The world is fucked up, no doubt about that and it will always be like that. We try adapt and continue. Adapting is the hard part.
  12. TaraB3ar

I wish i could buy you a car kate :(
  13. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

awww that made me smile. I am really gutted that somebody stole it but im pretending im ok so hopefully if i keep pretending it might set in and be true someday. It sucks cos im all alone in a foreign country and all i want is to cry and hug my family
  14. TaraB3ar

where are you from kate? and why did you move? (if you dont mind me asking)
  15. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

im whoring your thread now tara lol. Im from Ireland and moved to australia when my bf and i wer both made redundant by the recession, i had only finished college and was working for about 8 months when it happened so we decided to travel the world starting with Australia and do America on the way home. But i dont know what our plans are now.

How are you feeling today??
  16. TaraB3ar

Lol well its my thread and i say its ok :p I would love to go to ireland and australia! The recession sucks so bad, I wish i could move out of my moms house but i just cant find a job right now. Neither can my boyfriend :/ i hope economic situations get better all around the world!