Sick of being fat :/

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by *dilligaf*, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I don't know if this is in the right place as it's not about an ED (unless being a pig and eating too much is an ED now :dry: ) Feel free to move it, Mods, if needs be.

I am so sick of how I look. Sick of not being able to look in the mirror without being disgusted by myself. I can't even look at myself without clothes on because it makes me sick.
    I was watching a TV programme the other night about Gastric bands and I suddenly realised that the people who were on there, getting gastric bands, weighed less than I do. That was one of the most depressing moments I have had in a long time.
    I am fed up of having to shop in a shop for fat people. I want to be able to go to town and shop wherever I want.
    I can diet, I can live on one meal a day, I can do it. But my Mum wont let me. She keeps feeding me, and I have no will power to say no. Alcohol and exercise are my problems.
    I'm thinking about going to the doctors and asking for some help. I can't do it alone, that much is obvious. I know * doesn't want me to do that though. I know they think I will take it too far ... and I can't promise I wont ... but I am going mad.
    I am so sick of feeling like this.
    I am sickk of being fat :cry:
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You can have an eating disorder at any weight, and things like Compulsive Over Eating and Binge Eating Disorder are commonly found among those who may be over the healthy weight bracket.

The way to tackle any weight issue is twofold. You have to look at your eating habits and adjust them to make them healthier. This does not mean eating only one meal a day because that will actually slow your metabolism and make you more inclined to put weight on. A healthy diet (as in the right amount of calories and a good balanced diet) is what is needed to help adjust your habits.

The other side of that is to look at what is causing the weight issue. It might be something 'simple' like medication, or it might be poor diet, or it might be something like boredom might trigger eating, or you might eat emotionally, or something completely different. Then, when you can work out the reasons behind being overweight, then you can get the appropriate help.

I think going to the doctor and explaining the situation is a very good idea. They can hopefully then offer you the twofold support, on both your eating habits and the causes behind the weight issue.

Sam, you are very harshly judgemental of yourself, and if your eating problems are more affected by your emotions then that will be potentially a trigger to eat more and make yourself feel worse. It's a vicious cycle, and a nasty one, but it can be broken, and if you do it healthily, you can hopefully get to a healthier and happier weight.
  3. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I'm sorry of how you feel and I too know how it is to struggle with weight and personal hate for one's appearance.

Just know that you can lose that wieight!
    You don't have to be this way forever.
    Free yourself and be who you really are.

But hey I'm not saying being fat is wrong either, it's just on how you feel. Just because everyone else is skinny doesn't mean you have to be as well.

:hug: Try to feel beautiful no matter what.
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks you both :hug:

Will try and pluck up the courage to go docs next week :smile:
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: sam

You're too hard on yourself:sad: You are young,pretty..try and see the good parts too. Have you tried explaining to your mom that you want to lose weight? Does she know how unhappy you are with it?

I'm sure by feeding you she thinks she is doing you a favour, she doesn't want to see you starving yourself. perhaps tell her you'll make your own meals....

I don't know what else to say,just wanted to give a :hug: and know that we care.
  6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Me and my Mum WERE on a diet together .. then my Mum got dumped and depressed and started eating rubbish again. Which meant she started giving me rubbish again.

Eh, I'll sort something out.

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Have you spoken to your mum about this? and about how you want to eat healthily?

Maybe you and her could come an an agreement like healthy during the week and whatever you want during the weekend or something.
  8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's not just about eating less meals or doing exercise, you should also eat healthier if you can.
  9. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Sam, I think youre beautifull, but i know how you feel, if i can do something just ask :hug: . Im really glad to see youre talking with people about it and asking a doc probly is a really good idea or maybe see a dietician. So people can keep an eye on you and it wont go all wrong how it went with me. So you better not go that way :mad:
  10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I'm going to talk to her tonight. Tell her I am unhappy and want to go back on a diet.

I'll try :smile: Thanks.

Thanks hun :hug:

I have enough people that will knock some sense into me (verbally :laugh: ) don't you worry :smile:
  11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Okay have just told my mum that i want to loose weight and asked her to help me :smile:
  12. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Good for you :)
  13. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

14. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i hope your mum will stop giving you crap, that can be a big issue.
    :hug: i'm here if you need a rant, i;ve felt we've become distant, but i'm still here for you
  15. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

If you wants some healthy and delicious dishes, easy to cook, let me know :D
  16. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I do I do I do PLEASSSSE :biggrin:
  17. Terry

Shall I post them here or send em in pm :unsure:
  18. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Errrrrrrrrrrm, wanna send them in PM?
  19. Terry

ok will do :)