Sick of Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movieaddict

my car is 8.5 years old now. Last year I did the almost $1500 for brakes and major service. This year it’s been one thing after another. Tires, road side assistance, window stuck ($400)..... AND NOW.... the damn thing won’t start. Went out and it won’t start. I just walked back inside I was so disgusted. Friend coming with cables on Monday because that’s when I can get into shop (social distancing) and she can follow me in case the damn thing dies or stalls at a light. I’m so fed up with this Hyundai. Never again. Learned my lesson. Bought Japanese cars before. Going back! I don’t even want another car. They’re just stress and nothing more.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Man, I feel you here. My daughter's Hyundai is 8 years old, we bought it for her a year ago. It's been nothing but trouble and the cam shaft went this week. It's going to cost more than the car is worth to repair it so it's now headed to the scrap yard.
We could have bought her a bloody Ferrari with the money it's cost us.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My Hyundai has done me surprisingly well (knock on wood). It's a 2006 that I've had since 2011 and put a *lot* of miles on. I've had a lot of weird electrical things go wrong with it - like, it's questionable which windows I can control from the driver's seat, and there are a number of dashboard lights that I've learned to do without. But otherwise it keeps on kickin'.

But yes. To your point. Cars are super annoying in general. Shit always seems to go wrong with them at the worst time.

Movieaddict

Man, I feel you here. My daughter's Hyundai is 8 years old, we bought it for her a year ago. It's been nothing but trouble and the cam shaft went this week. It's going to cost more than the car is worth to repair it so it's now headed to the scrap yard.
We could have bought her a bloody Ferrari with the money it's cost us.
Sorry because I know your aggravation. The higher end models are good, I hear, but the other models are straight junk. Money pit.

Movieaddict

My Hyundai has done me surprisingly well (knock on wood). It's a 2006 that I've had since 2011 and put a *lot* of miles on. I've had a lot of weird electrical things go wrong with it - like, it's questionable which windows I can control from the driver's seat, and there are a number of dashboard lights that I've learned to do without. But otherwise it keeps on kickin'.

But yes. To your point. Cars are super annoying in general. Shit always seems to go wrong with them at the worst time.
mine was 2 years old when passenger window just stopped working. It was stuck in the down position. So over years I’ve learned to not use it. Enter work colleague... in my car and she put it down. Stuck! First time was warranty, not this time.

thats what kills me. Only 67000 on mine. Hardly drive it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00