Sick of Feeling Like Total Crap

Angie74

I am so incredibly exhausted. I have been having stomach issues non-stop for at least 10 months now. I do have a history of this, but it hasn't been this bad in many years. I almost constantly feel hungry and nauseated at the same time. My stomach literally always demands food, and I feel fatigued and ill if I don't immediately eat. I have gained at least 15 pounds in the past 10 months. I have had tests, and there are numerous issues, but no one can figure out exactly what's going on, or how to feel better or fix anything. I am completely fed up. The symptoms of this alone make me constantly want to attempt suicide, never mind my mental health issues, or other physical issues. Am also Type 2 diabetic, sometimes anemic, have periods from hell, have arthritis, have IBS and gastritis and diverticulosis, have a hiatal hernia, acid reflex, etc. When does it end?

I know other people have it far worse, and I shouldn't complain
There's no requirement that you can't post here unless there's no one in the world who's got it worse than you. As long as posting here help, it's ok to do so.

You have every reason to complain. You're suffering, and if saying to the world "I am suffering! I am tired of suffering!" helps even a little bit, please don't deprive yourself of that benefit.

but no one can figure out exactly what's going on, or how to feel better or fix anything
Many of the health problems that you are having, both physical and mental, may respond well to acupuncture and traditional Chinese herbal medicine. Acupuncture has been endorsed by the World Health Organization for treating a variety of conditions, and arthritis and some of your other concerns are conditions are among the things that it treats best.

I may be able to help you locate some affordable care (like a teaching clinic) if you are interested. Also, there's a book on self-help treatment of IBS that I could refer you to.

There's some chance that I may have already mentioned something about acupuncture to you, but I didn't find it in a quick search of your posts, so sorry if I'm repeating anything.

I'd also like to try to provide whatever kind of help that you want the most, and advice may not be that, so apologies in advance.

What could I do that would help the most?

neverenuff

hi lynne 1974, have you tried peppermint oil to help ease the IBS my ex has ibs and she found that peppermint oil and mint tea helped ease it.
all the best

Angie74

Thank you for your responses.

I suppose acupuncture could be an option. I could also try the mint idea. The book on IBS might also be helpful.

Thank you for caring and reading my long post.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @Lynne1974 so sorry you are going through so much at once. Type 2 diabetes can be reversed, what steps do you think you could take to try and reverse it? I too can relate on the stomach issues, its not easy but we are here to help you through this and you will get through it safely, you have been very been very brave to open up here, we're a friendly bunch so jump right in and welcome to SF :) Where compassion knows no boundaries :)

Also you can take steps to lose those pounds you gained, its a marathon not a sprint, you can do this. :)

Thank you for caring
You're welcome! :)
and reading my long post
Oh, it wasn't that long :)

The book on IBS might also be helpful
The book is "Curing IBS Naturally with Chinese Medicine". I haven't read this particular title, but another book in the "Curing" series. The book will likely contain some theoretical elements which may not make much sense, but it will also almost certainly also make some specific recommendations about self-help methods, which may be very useful.

It looks like you can get it used ($7) or new ($14) from Amazon. The publisher, blue poppy press, may have it too, but I couldn't find it on their website (www.bluepoppy.com). I think it could be available as an ebook too. There's also the possibility of getting it from your local library for completely free, but you'd probably have to get it through inter-library borrowing.

I'd recommend acupuncture and traditional Chinese herbal medicine before trying self-help though, since you've got a lot of different illnesses going on at once, which could make self-help tricky.

Acupuncture teaching clinics often offer quality services at affordable prices. They sometimes also offer discounted treatments and even free treatments (with free treatments you're usually required to let a group of students observe your treatment).

You can find an acupuncture teaching clinic by searching for "Acupuncture Schools in [city nearest to you]". Once you find school info, there may be a link to a clinic on a school's page.

I suggest searching this way because if you use the terms "teaching clinic", you'll usually end up with a lot of listings for private professional clinics instead of teaching clinics.

I hope that something can help! I think you really deserve for life to give a break for a change

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00