Sick of lonely weekends

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Stormrider, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

During the week i have a ful time job so i'm lonely too but the evenings in the weekend are the worst everyone is staying home with their girl/boyfriend, wife or husband or going out with friends.
    It's just me that can't do anything else then sit home and wait till i'm tired enough to finally sleep.
    What am i gonna do ? sit alone at a bar and drink the night away, sure that's not better then sitting home.
    I don't like going somewhere on my own i've done it before but i don't get any new friends anywhere i go so why even bother with trying.

Some people are just pathetic lonely losers and i'm one of them. sometimes i just wish i had the courage to end my crappy life, there's nothing here for me.
    I hate my life and i don't want to kill myself(yet) so i'm fucking trapped.

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Oh I recognise all of that. I try to turn it around so that I enjoy the peace and quiet. I really like doing solitary stuff - art galleries and museums.

3. Stormrider

Great if you like doing those stuff on your own, but it doesn' work for me.
    I'm 28 and i've been alone for about all my life. Every day i hate waking up and everyday i hate going to sleep knowing another lonely day is coming.

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I've had to learn to enjoy my own company cos I know that I'm always going to be alone.

5. starryeyed

starryeyed Well-Known Member

Im too sick to work so i spend every day alone .be thankful you have a job

6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

7. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Oh yes... I'm sick to death of them.

8. Chalmers

Chalmers Well-Known Member

I felt that way for a long time. Without my wife and son I'd probably still bevthat way. I didn't meet my wife until I was 29. If I had given up at 28, I'd have never seen the the pyramids or watched my son being born. I was really depressed and anxious just a few days ago and I'm afraid of going back there but I've really enjoyed just feeling normal the last few days. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

9. Stormrider

That's about the only thing that keeps me going. Hoping i still get a life worth living.
    I've got several problems physically and mentally, promised myself to work on the ones that i can change, it will take some time but maybe(i hope) if i get them solved then the other will become less worse.
    The thing that i'm worried about lately are my teeth, i know it's stupid but by living so lonely for so many years i just didn't take care of myself and i have several bad teeth that i should get removed/fixed in the hospital. It just would be too much work at once for a normal dentist.

My psoriasis is something i can't fix it comes and goes.I always cover my legs and if i get out sometimes then i use a shirt with long sleeves instead of tshirts in the bad periods.but i feel very uncomfterable when people see it on my head or arms. I can only be completly free of it a couple of months a year

Now haven't told this on this forum before but i'm 28 and still a virgin. To myself that isn't so much of a problem but i think woman aren't interested in dating a 28y/o virgin.It seems like the world thinks you're a loser if you're a virgin older the 20y/o or something.

Well didn't intend to tell all of this in this post but i think i should get it out of my system once so i just going to leave it on.

10. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

delete Moderator Total Eclipse Rude response

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
  11. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Women don't care whether a man is a virgin or not. The only world that thinks your a loser for being a virgin are stupid kids in their teens - 23 who think smoking is cool and they do really stupid stuff... Some women even prefer virgin men. Unfortunately, woman DO care about looks and stuff... but usually, they care more about whether a man has confidence and ambition or motivation. Some women are more open, those are really rare oO.. Then again, my outlook doesn't mean squat since i don't have experience in relationships either.. but its pretty much the truth from what i've seen and read and stuff. You should go to a dentist for checkup though.. skin problems can be covered but smiles are a turn on for people

12. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Psoriasis can be treated through diet - get researching.
    Get to the dentist or your teeth will get worse and cause lots of pain and distress.
    Is there anyone in work who you could ask if they want to do something with after work or on a weekend? Maybe you have to take the plunge?
    xxxxxxxx

13. Stormrider

Deleted Moderator Total Eclipse deleted post and gave warning

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
  14. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

It helps to know you're not alone with problems. I've been told that before and I think ti's true. We get to thinking it's only us. I'm older than you, have no job, haven't had a decent one for a long while, am a bigtime loser by all accounts, my teeth are crooked and I got periodontal disease, fell off the university train and have been wandering like a drunk for 10 years, no friends and haven't had any since grade school, never had a girlfriend, hate myself, on and on. There're thigns that keep me going, but it seems that every day I waste is another day that I come closer to the end. So don't feel alone. This world is fully of train wrecks. At least when we fall we can see one another and share a few words before we sh** and splat on the ground.

15. Stormrider

I know i'm not the onlyone but everybody around me, the(few) friends i have, family and people at work all have lifes where good things happen, meeting people, getting married, having kids, i am happy for those people offcourse but on the other side it's a kick in my face everytime good things happen for other people when i want that too and for some reason it just doesn't happen.

Anyway that being said, i am doing reasonably good for about a week, started sporting again and that helps me a bit. Also putting bad things in my life in perspective. Now i'm in a better mood while working, sporting, even when sitting at home.(been in a very bad mood 24/7 for several weeks untill last week).
    It's not like i'm happy or not feeling lonely now but i try to stay a bit positive, taking it one day at a time and slowly changing the stuff i have control over.It's just the evenings that still are difficult(thanks for internet and t.v. etc :) )

It's like one of my previous posts about how i hate people that say "you have to make your own luck" to me that still bullshit, but we can try to increase our chance to be luckier in life. Sure maybe it won't work but we don't know if we try.

It wouldn't surprise me if i got very down in a few days and stay in bad mood again for a long time, but i'm fighting it and it seems to work for me the past week. Hope i can keep going like this, it's not great but it's not bad either so i'm fine :cool:

I also realise i at least have the luck to have work, cause i don't know if i could get myself motivated enough to look for another job and have the luck to find one.

I'd like to be able to say something to help other people to feel better or get better, but i know from experience that's it not so easy, it's hard to change the way you feel even for a little while.
    Just try to focus on the things you can do, maybe stuff you can change, the little things you still enjoy in life, cause even if it's just a stupid little thing like music or reading, sporting,...it can be important to us. I know i would even go more crazy if i had to give up stuff like that.

:hug: to all of you and take care.