sick of other people

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by solipism79, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solipism79

solipism79 Member

For the first time in 3 weeks I have just spoke to another human face to face and I am sick of it all. Not just my life but sick of other people, I don't have any family and the people who claim to be my friends all treat me like I'm made of glass and am about to break at any moment. All I ever hear is "you get so much to give" or "think about all the things you done". It's the places I have been and what I have seen that I am trying to forget. They all seem to think that because I have an I.Q. higher than most that I should be happy and my life should be filled with interesting things and what I have done with my life up until now has been a waste. No one seems to understand that it is my life, and I should be able to do what I want in it and with it. I'm sick of people telling me what they would do if they were me. I wish someone else was me, I don't wanna be me anymore, I hate me, of all the things I am sick of being me is at the very top of the list, I hate all the nightmares and sleeplessness. I hate that I can't talk to people, I am just sick of living.
  2. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I will not treat you like glass, I feel the same way, I have to get someone to take me to go shopping, they ask me how I feel, I Tell them, They in turn tell me not to talk like that, last time I went shopping, I was of course asked how I was feeling, I looked at the woman and said, I am not going to tell you, Boy, some ppl don't have a clue! Of course she asks why not, I have a pocket recorder I played it back for her! She looks at me and says, well if you don't want to say, why don't you just say So! I did not say another word!
    I would like to do what I want as well! I have been sick of living For a real Long time now as well! Would you like to change places? I wouldn't, most people feel that misery loves company, I do not! I do on the other hand enjoy it here! I can say what I said, I don't have to worry, Do I ? Nods and winks!
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Why are you isolating yourself so much? 3 weeks is LONG time without human contact, there must be more going on in your life for it to get THAT bad. Talk to us here, talk amongst people that understand. (I didnt leave the house for 5 years) but I had human contact. You must feel like you are in a prison in solitary confinement.

Good luck to you!
  4. solipism79

solipism79 Member

It didn't seem that long. I never use to be like this, I was a human rights researcher and spent 9 years traveling around Africa going from one camp to another, from the D.R.C to the Sudan. Now I have been living in the same place for 3 years, trying to have a life like other people but I just can't do it. I try, I really do but even the thought of being in a group of people or talking to someone I don't know scares the life out of me. I hate being like this, if anyone has any insight into the workings of my very fucked-up mind, please let me know coz I can't carry on like this, I love my chinchillas but it is always a very one sided conversation when I talk to them.
  5. Zname

Zname Member

I think its amazing of you to work as a human rights researcher. there are people like you who give a sht about righting wrongs and its not very materialist, so noble. I think you will find interesting people in this forum maybe you are meeting the wrong kinds of people. I worked for a non profit and I loved it, i didnt have the field experience that you did, i know its not glamorous, I am actually from Africa. I am in awe of some of the volunteers/ NGO people that leave their cauzy suburban life for very hardened environments (ok not all are solely altruistic) . I can see that there are some really shallow people that wouldnt understand, just how cool that is but this doesn't mean all people are that way.

do you live in small town or a metropolitan area with lots of chic people?
  6. ToLaughAgainSomeDay

ToLaughAgainSomeDay SF Supporter

I understand holing up in your house and not wanting to speak with anyone. There was a time where the only person I had any contact with was the pizza delivery guy because I didn't even want to deal with a restaurant or grocery store. As much as it sucks, sometimes forcing yourself to interact with some people can be really helpful. I started working my way back into the world by going to the gym (I've always been really into wasn't some vain attempt to "better myself"). I think one of the guys who worked at the front desk could see I was having a tough time in my life and he was always super friendly and would strike up conversations in a very non-threatening way (doesn't make a lot of sense when I say it, but some times people would try to talk to me and I hated them even more for it....but for whatever reason, this guy made me feel comfortable.) It was helpful to just chat with another human being face to face.

If nothing else, there are always people here willing to talk who understand what you're feeling and what you are going through. Never be afraid to reach out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.