sick of that empty exhausted feeling

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by theleastofthese, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

and feeling like I'm sleepwalking thru some sort of strange dream. Nothing feels real, but feels like I'm dreaming but aware of it. Just feel strangely 'out of it' and non motivated. No ambition, no sense of purpose. Just 'floating' thru the days with no direction. A very disconcerting way to feel all the time.

:blink:

2. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

man...are you on antidepressants? they can do that to you. do you ever feel like the worlds about to end but you just dont care?

3. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

:hug:

uhg i know the exhausted feeling, definitly.

sorry you're struggling with this right now.. and yeah, anti-depressants do do that.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You may want to talk to your doctor and let him know how your feeling. It sounds to me like your meds are causing you to have reactions to them. Just out of curiosity what meds are you on?? I know some people abuse there meds because there are certain ones they get high on. Maybe you are on somethig new to you which is causing this. I had a nuerosurgeon put me on a med I can't remember the name but I had serious problems with them. I was a dispatcher and I was double and triple orders to be shipped. Another dispatcher told my boss there was something wrong with me. He took one look at me and told me like four times to go home before what he was saying sunk in.
    I got up and walked home. I don't remember any of it. He called my fiance and told her what happen. She come busting through the door asking what the problem was I just sat there staring at her. So she took the meds away from me. You know all thru that I left my truck at work, I had forgot all about it. So just a suggestion go see your doctor, I can't tell you enough times something isn't right...:chopper:

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I can relate. It's like you feel your in the twilight zone.

6. Marie72

Marie72 Member

I feel this way because of the depression but I haven't found any meds that helped. My husband began experiencing depression beginning last year and felt the same way but he was lucky enough to get relief with the first med they prescribed.

7. theleastofthese

I'm taking zoloft for depression, risperdal for bi polar, and neurontin for anxiety. But with getting and staying sober I now have all these feelings to deal with, feelings I used to 'bury' with alcohol. And it's so hard having to deal with these feelings.

Another day of waking up feeling exhausted and 'empty'. Also having such envy of those who don't have these problems. Why can't I be 'normal' too??:sad:

8. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Heya,

You can be normal and you will be. Please speak to your therapist (if you have one) about all this how you are feeling.

Like stranger 1 said also go back to your doctor...you could be on the wrong dose. I really hope things get better for you.

:hug:

Sam
    x

9. tired82

tired82 Well-Known Member

Kinda the same thing for me as well, being on Zoloft & Celexa. A lot of the time, I can't recall what I did or obvious details - like how I got to work, or what I had for dinner.

There are things I know I have to do - like social interaction, steps to deal with my personal/financial problems - but I just don't have any motivation to do it. The directions are there, I just can't follow it.

I suppose it's partly the meds, but my personality has been like that for a long time. Weird thing is I want to get better, to be normal, but I don't think it's ever possible for me....

10. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Know the feeling Sooz. Drifting aimlessly, wondering what the hell the point is. Damned if I know. :sad:

11. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I know that disposition you describe. It is awful. I'm jealous of high energy people - the kinds who only sleep five hours a night, eat shed loads of food and never put on weight, and have limitless energy.

12. theleastofthese

I am so afraid... of everything. Both seen and unseen, both happening now and may happen. I am just terrified. Of myself and others. I need divine intervention. Too bad I'm having a hard time believeing in God...

13. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

1 John 4:18, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:
    Isaiah 41:10, “Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

14. theleastofthese

How do I find that perfect love? I feel so alone and depressed all the time it's scary. Feel like I'm lost and will never be found. feel like I'll never be happy again. Where do I find that love? I have a hard time believing that God loves me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.