Sick of the lie

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lancashirelass, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

I'm sick and tired of always pretending everything is alright just to appear normal for everyone but i'm afraid of letting them see the truth now as i feel if i let the wall down I won't be able to control what i do. My life away from ppl i know on here is just one BIG LIE.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I know what it's like to appear 'normal' when you don't feel normal, its hard to keep up.

3. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. My parents and therapist/psychiatrist think they know how bad my depression is, but they have no idea how bad it really is. None of them have any idea how close I came to killing myself and that I used to be a cutter. I was/am constantly lying about things because they won't understand or I'm afraid of what they would say. I don't like living this way, but I'm too afraid to let everything out.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

That's why places like this are great. We can vent to each other and support each other. We know what each other are going through.

My parents have no idea either. They've never been where I have.

Have you ever been to any kind of depression support group in person? Those can be very helpful as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.