sick of this....

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by depressedGirl, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depressedGirl

depressedGirl Well-Known Member

I am fed up with waking up early hours in the morning crying for no apparent reason and going over my worse memories. It is annoying and drives me crazy. I am sick of thinking of suicide and being so stupid. I have had enough of feeling worthless and pathetic. The point is what can I do about it? Nothing. I will never be happy again. I wasn't meant to be happy. I wish I could just sleep forever cause I have no point in living anymore. I have tried to find a reason to even get out of bed but there is nothing left inside me that I look forward to anymore. I am not asking for sympathy as I don't deserve it but I just wondered if this is a normal way of thinking when I have depression. Thanks.
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hi Della,
    Yeah it sounds pretty standard for depression and I'm sorry to hear you are suffering so much.
    Everything points us to the bad and the worst things we've been through, the worst things about ourselves, the world is dark, there is no more enjoyment in anything, we have no energy, I mean how are you ever supposed to get over it when you don't have the energy to pick yourself up?
    That's what I hate most about depression - it robs you off the one thing you need to fight it.

Can I ask, what is it that makes you say you're worthless and pathetic?
  3. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

Hi Della, I'm feeling very much like you, some days better, some days worse. Meds help me, being here too, music does the trick sometimes, and my dog, but most of all funny videos, jokes, and humour in general. And there are days when none of these means anything, but they pass and better days come again. Are you on any medication, therapy? Wish you feel better :)
  4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I don't know what I would do without medication. I still get depressed but it does not last as long. I am also working out a program for activity. If I do a lot on a given day, I make sure to rest the next day. It's just the way that I am, I have accepted it is the reality of my life, and I have learned to try to work with it.

5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Without meds = no sleep. Sleep = more balance.

Della, it's not your fault to feel like you feel. And it's not stupid. Depression IMHO is a certain perception of all the miseries. I hope you won't give up, people like you who make it are the future, a better one. For now stay with us. Bad days won't last.
  6. depressedGirl

depressedGirl Well-Known Member

I just feel pathetic and stupid. What annoys me more is the fact I keep going over the worst memories of my life. I want to come on here and forget about it all and have a laugh like people do in the chatroom but the thing is I never have anything to say. Mostly I have no energy and even my room needs tidying. I am 19 but everything seems so much of an effort I throw my stuff on the floor. People always seem to have great memories and I feel like my good memories (if I have any) are being eaten alive by the bad ones. Why can't I just have the good ones. Why does the good memories go and the bad ones stay? I can't sleep at night and I think about giving up right now because I just can't take the bad moments of my life anymore....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.