sick to fucking death of being poked and prodded at

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I'm glad it's nothing directly to do with your heart. But it sounds shit. Is there anything they can do for it? Is it likely to go over time?
There is a medication, I find it less than 100% effective, but it's not nothing. And benzos supposedly help, so there's that. Could just disappear one day, could stick with me, no way of knowing, unless it is in fact connected to my medications.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
You tried meclizine for this vertigo thing? Fucking hell that sucks. I get vertigo too and it really blows.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Ok, so chronic idiopathic vertigo.

In terms of danger; not so much.

In terms of sheer unpleasantness; maybe worse than the heart attack itself. You know the spins you get when you've really had a few too many? The kind that keep going even after you lay down? Imagine that coming on out of absolutely nowhere, and lasting for 20 minutes to 2 days.

Not the low blood-pressure events hypothesized previously, because it happens even with normal blood pressure, and can persist for hours or even days (comin' off one of those right now).

I'm still betting it has something to do with my many many meds (or some combination of them) because, damn, look at the timing.
I was actually thinking along those same lines as well, considering some cardiovascular meds have an established history of leading dizzy spells and it has started it seems since you began treatment.

Whatever they give you for vertigo, hope it helps pal.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
More thoughts on Vertigo:

part of growing up is acknowledging that Neil Gaiman's Sandman really was a little pretentious. part of growing up gracefully, is being okay with that, because we all are sometimes.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Man, I'm sorry. I would have meant that if I had said it before, but I wouldn't have known how much I meant it.

It's easy to take non-life-threatening stuff um, unseriously. But in terms of sheer unpleasantness, I'd have to say this has the heart attack beat hands down.
Vertigo for me happens several days a year and I treat it with various things but I'm not sure what yours is caused from so it's hard to say if those things would work for you. Vertigo comes from your ears, typically, but does yours? Or is it medication based somehow?

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Vertigo for me happens several days a year and I treat it with various things but I'm not sure what yours is caused from so it's hard to say if those things would work for you. Vertigo comes from your ears, typically, but does yours? Or is it medication based somehow?
Well, especially this last worst time, there was a distinct "ping" in my left ear right at the exact moment it started.

But I'm thinking some complex interaction of medications (if one particular med alone caused it, they'd likely already know) just happens to affect bloodflow around the inner ear (you know, how it can also affect other specific parts of the body) and, bam, Gonz faceplants for no good reason.

It's just the timing, you know, I just happen to develop slowly worsening syptoms at the exact time I start taking more and more meds.

I mean, I know that correlation does not equal causation and that it could be a coincidence. But the whole reason we have that saying is because the opposite is true most of the time.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Did you say you'd tried meclizine and it was shit?
I know this is ridiculous sounding but have you tired decongestant. Plain ghetto decongestant like is in cold meds.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
I know this is ridiculous sounding but have you tired decongestant. Plain ghetto decongestant like is in cold meds.
I'd excercise a bit of caution with decongestants as they could up the BP and affect the heart rate. I think Gonz's cardiac muscle has been doing enough dancing around as it is of late.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Yeah, it did not enough, but I just read that it's an anti-histamine, and I have plenty of those on hand, so maybe give them a shot and at least catch a nap.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00