Sick!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by tiggersafire, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I didn't know where to put this, so if it needs to be moved, that's fine :)
    For those of you who don't know me, I have Schizoaffective disorder. Right now I am also sick with the flu. I have a fever that won't go down with Tylenol and as the fever gets worse the things I am seeing are getting worse. I keep seeing spiders and cats and shadows, and they are making me feel quite uneasy.
    I've never had this before with a fever, so I was wondering what you all might suggest. Going to the hospital is not an option as I was there for it yesterday and they didn't do much.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun if tylenol is not decreasing the fever then you go back ok and tell them you need something an anitbiotic fever should not stay more then 48 hours You need to drink lots of water ok keep a cool not cold facecloth on your forward and in your underarms that will bring your temperature down some in each groin area cool cloths ok not cold but if you are hallucination you need to go back to hospital with someone to advocate for you ok hugs

3. tiggersafire

Thanks TE. It hasn't been 48 hours yet, it will be tomorrow morning. I have an appointment with my family doctor tomorrow morning to talk about a med raise so maybe I can bring this up to him too.

4. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Minionkitty, Having a high fever can make you see things and be delirious. If the fever doesn't break with Tylenol, I'll go back to the ER because you may need medical intervention, even though you were just there. If you tell them you're getting worse, they'll take you. At least hang an IV to cool down your body until you break the fever. I'm no medical professional, but I had similar incident happen to me before. Please take care of yourself and hope you get the treatment you need. Wish you well!

5. tiggersafire

I can't go back to the hospital, my grandparents are sick too and cannot take me. And don't think I should go anyway. They said to wait until tomorrow morning to see my family doctor.

6. mpang123

If you can wait till tomorrow, ok. Hang in there!

7. tiggersafire

Thanks M! I am just trying to rest for now.

8. mpang123

Don't dehydrate yourself and get plenty of rest till tomorrow.

9. tiggersafire

I've been drinking juice and sprite. Not really one for water. I plan on just laying down until tomorrow.

10. mpang123

Good. Hope you'll feel better soon...

11. OldGuy

OldGuy Active Member

Be careful with the Tylenol. Follow the dosing instructions. If you take more than the recommended dosage (if 2 aren't working lets try 4) it is easy to OD on Tylenol and have no symptoms until it is too late to do anything about it.

Hope you feel better soon. Having a fever is a bit**.

12. tiggersafire

Thanks OldGuy, I know what that's like. I'm only taking 2 every 4 hours like it says to.

13. tiggersafire

I went to see the family doctor this morning, and he said I have a chest and ear infection, and the infections are why I have the fever. He fave me antibiotics and told me to keep taking Tylenol as needed.

14. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's good that you finally got to the doctor. I hope you start to feel better soon. :hug:

15. tiggersafire

Thanks Witty! I'm feeling a little better now, my temperature hasn't been higher than 100 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.