Side effects?

Discussion in 'The Uncertainty Principle' started by Rukia, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I'm in my first week without my anti-depressants, and my mood haven't changed any. But I've been feeling so tired the last week, thought I was getting the flu. Yesterday I started shaking, on the inside, mostly in my head :blink: , and it keeps getting worse. I'm having problems reading, and I can't seem to concentrate about anything.

Could this be just a side effect from quitting the anti-depressants? Anyone experienced something similar?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, making sentences is hard right now.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Think maybe you should have come off gradually. If you still have them, try taking them alternate days for a bit and then cut down the dosage and then stop.

3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

What was the anti-depressant were you on? How long were you on it for?

4. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Devastated: I came off gradually the way my doctor said. He didn't think it would be necessary to do so, but when I asked him, he told me how to stop it the best way.

Blake: I have no idea what type they where, but I was on them for almost a year.

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

ok, leave it for a few days and if you're still feeling awful, pop back to the docs to make sure everything is ok.

6. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

oh ok.

Well if your doctor explained to you how to start moving off them, he wouldnt put you in a dangerous situation. Maybe try and find an old bottle, might have the brand on it if you're feeling up to it. Maybe give the docs a call today or tommorrow, just to clerify these symptoms, unless your doctor informed you of them.

7. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Blake: Says Cipralex on the bottle, I think. Managed to forget the name on my way from the bathroom. :huh:
    I can't go back to my doctor, have lied about everything. Have to tell him the whole truth if I go back, and I'm sure he will send me to the psych ward at once :sad:

8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

http://counsellingresource.com/medications/drug-pages/escitalopram.html#withdrawal

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=422696

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hmm, I am not sure hun. try www.rxlist.com and type in the name of the medication and it should show info on it.

:hug:

10. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Thank you for your replys! :smile:
    I'm feeling a lot better today, guess I was concerned over nothing. :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.