Sigh... another lonely birthday for me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by shadi_saleh, Aug 22, 2007.

1. shadi_saleh

shadi_saleh Active Member

Yeah twas my birthday. Another day spent alone, marking another milestone in my spiral down. Wonderful. Not the first birthday I've spent alone in my apartment. I guess I don't tell people, so thats why they don't notice, but even my family forgot it. Yeah they don't live with me, but still atleast my father could've sent a text message. Nothing from the mother, don't need anything from her. Got enough from her to fuck me up plenty. Would be nice to hear some kind words, some kind of positive reinforcement to tell me that I'm doing great.

Another goddamn year of failures and misery coming my way.
  2. Cat2007

Cat2007 Member

Happy Birthday anyway. Hopefully this year will be better for you; anything's possible.
  3. shadi_saleh

I think this year is the one where I will develop abandonment issues. My family is losing patience with me. They snap at me, give me this face :dry: . Guess its not their fault. They dont really know whats going on; well not the full extent of it anyway. I suppose that I've made it 21 years; giving up now would be rather antecedent to futility.

Yeah, I'm going to fight this again. Not gonna give up now
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:bday: happy birthday hun (not looking forward to mine this year :sad:)

Welcome to the forum and lets hope next year you will have made loads of friends so it wont be such a dismal affair :hug:
  5. lilboyblue

lilboyblue Well-Known Member

That is excellent! Keep saying that to yourself too: I'm going to fight this, not gonna give up.

and happy birthday to you too!
  6. shadi_saleh

Thanks for the kind words everyone
  7. stayorgo

stayorgo Member

Hi, my birthday was the 20th of august. I went to dinner with my husband but he spent most of his time on the phone with his friends. He knows how depressed I've been and have talked to him about suicide thoughts. I even ask him NOT to answer when they called, but of course he did. I might as well have been alone. I didn't even want to go out to dinner but he kept on at me. I'm trying not to let his actions rule my life. Try to do the same. I've been told not to expect things from him and I won't be dissapointed, but that is hard to do. Happy Birthday, and it is obvious you have people on here that care about you!

8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

to shadi:

Birthday Wish

It’s your birthday time again;
    It’s true; there’s no denying,
    Another year has come and gone;
    You know that I’m not lying.

So for you, the birthday person,
    Here’s what I want to say:
    I hope this birthday’s the best one yet,
    In every delightful way.

So happy birthday to you.
    Have lots of birthday fun!
    May your birthday wishes all come true,
    Even if you have a ton.

I know birthdays are suppose to be happy days where you have a party and get heaps of prezzies, but it's not like that for us all! its can be more depressing than another day for me. I hope a least one of your wishes somes true hun :hug:
  9. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Antiquities Friend

Happy birthday - hoping next year is better for you
  10. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member