Sigh....cycle of stress never ends

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by gothic_spleen, Jul 25, 2015.

1. gothic_spleen

gothic_spleen Antiquities Friend

Haven't posted on here in a long time, My life has been up and down, but for the most part up. I finishes my graduate studies, took a nice cushy state job as a social worker, and things recently just started to fall apart. Lost my job, lost my home, lost friends, and the last 6 months I just feel like its me against the world. Trying to keep my head up, trying to keep away from the booze, trying to remain med compliant. Truck broke down the other day, my only means of transport. Same day my partner called it quits with me....just feel utterly broken.
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry about all of the losses. Hope you can find other job soon
  3. Yati

Yati Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that. I commend you in the first place to seek a social work field, my wife is one, and I've come to respect her and all she has to deal with.

Sadly enough the only advice I can think of out of all the quotes I know, and everything I have taken in for life is from an animated fish.

"Just keep swimming" - Dori

I'm not saying that to make light of your situation I just think it's something that has helped me when I'm frustrated and mucking about, just keep going. If you keep going you'll be some place new and if you don't like it there just keep going until you find something new.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So much has happened to you recently that a counsellor could probably help you a lot. I am really sorry for what you are going through. If you need a friend or just a shoulder to cry on, i'm here :hugs: