Sigh

I have no motivation to do anything anymore. I can’t remember the last time I cleaned my room. I don’t enjoy anything I used to enjoy doing anymore. I should be studying but I just can’t bring myself to do it. I had to lie to my dad when he asked me if I was ok because I don’t want to be anymore of a burden than I already am. I hate myself for this. Even typing this out is too draining for me. I’m starting to believe that things don’t really get better.

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
motivation comes in time. I feel you on not enjoying much anymore but I believe this for us both that we will in time. For a father I believe you will never be a burden you are his greatest joy even though he might not say that much.

I think sometimes the opposite of what you said in your last sentence it's the storm comes and then the calming so I will ask for peace, love and rest for you to give you or others around you to battle this storm.

take care Ryan :)

Last edited:

Jane65

I can’t confide in them. It will only make things worse
Can you say in what ways you think confiding in your parents would make things worse? Sometimes when people feel really miserable it is very difficult to believe that yelling anyone will make things any better.
Do you have any friends you can talk to or maybe a Doctor you could arrange to see.
It really does sounds like you need some help.
If it helps you can keep posting here as much as you want. It's a safe and very supportive community.
I'm thinking of you *hug10

Can you say in what ways you think confiding in your parents would make things worse? Sometimes when people feel really miserable it is very difficult to believe that yelling anyone will make things any better.
I’ve been going back and forth with them for the longest, telling them about how I feel, only for it to be turned into arguments. My dad won’t listen to me at all, and just tells me to be happy. My mom just argues that she doesn’t care, and tries to get other family members to side with her, and be against me when all I do is just tell her how I feel.

Do you have any friends you can talk to or maybe a Doctor you could arrange to see.
I talked to my friends about how I feel and they just tell me to hang in there, and it’ll get better, which I don’t believe anymore. A few months ago, I was referred to a therapist, but the doctor never got back to my mom about it and my mom won’t call the doctor to check up on the referral so I don’t know

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
I’ve been going back and forth with them for the longest, telling them about how I feel, only for it to be turned into arguments. My dad won’t listen to me at all, and just tells me to be happy. My mom just argues that she doesn’t care, and tries to get other family members to side with her, and be against me when all I do is just tell her how I feel.
That sounds kind of like my life. Is your father in pain and is your mom and dad together? Sometimes when parents seperate or in pain they take it out on their children that might not be your life but is mine.

I am sorry that it seems no one hears you and it turns into arguements. You can shout me a private messaage https://www.suicideforum.com/community/conversations/add?to=MarvelFan

Jane65

I'm sorry to hear that your parents are so unsupportive. Do you have anyone at all that you could speak to? It is so hard when you are feeling so alone. I dont have family or friends I can talk to but I am really lucky to have a therapist I can talk to. Have you ever told a doctor how you feel?

I'm so sorry you are struggling so much. I wish there was some way I could be helpful. I hope that posting here helps even if only a tiny bit. *hug10
Jane

Jane65

I talked to my friends about how I feel and they just tell me to hang in there, and it’ll get better, which I don’t believe anymore. A few months ago, I was referred to a therapist, but the doctor never got back to my mom about it and my mom won’t call the doctor to check up on the referral so I don’t know
Could you ring the doctor yourself... does your mum have to know? In the uk teenagers can see a doctor without their parent. I dont what its like elsewhere.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00