Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Thinice, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

In the words of Oli Sykes 'The Sadness will Never End'.

It never does. It gets better, then it gets worse.

I hate this.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have the same cycle.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i hope someday with all these new meds and therapy the sadness will finally just fade away for good
  4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Sadness ends when you let it end. Sadness affects everybody but for the most part people choose to be sad, if only on an unconscious level. Don't rely on drugs to solve you're sadness (including medication) because they can do more harm than good, plus they can develop a dependency on said drug/med that without it leaves you worse than you were before. Therapy is great however, beacuse it requires that you get to the root of the problem and try to solve it logically and REMOVE the sadness, not just nullify it. And remember you don't need a therapist for therapy to occur, you can be your own therapist if you want to. At least you are actually making the effort to fix the problem, not just looking for a quick fix or mulling around in your own depression. Sadness can be just as temporary as happiness.

And don't forget sadness is there for a reason, it is there to tell us that something is wrong and needs fixed. Without sadness, we are nothing more than mindless drones.

Besides, without sadness, there is no happiness.
  5. Pilko

Pilko Active Member

I think it lies in wait as I start to feel good..I'll see what the meds do.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I had been wondering about you, hadn't seen you in a while! Sorry to see you back in distress :( keep talking!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.