Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by soonerorlater, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soonerorlater

soonerorlater Member

Well, it was bound to happen. I finally relapsed and cut after over a year of going without it. Now I need to get a new box of butterfly bandaids; I had gotten rid of them. Hopefully this is a one time thing. I really don't want new scars for my scuba trip in a little over a month.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Lets hope you can stay safe hun you have done so well What brought this attack on hun do you want to talk abt it.
  3. SilhouetteOfADancer

SilhouetteOfADancer Active Member

We all hope it is a one time thing, and i'm sure you'll make sure of that. If your urges are strong, you need to refocus your mind on something else, also, keep reminding yourself why you stopped cutting before, or find an even better reason, but make sure you have an alterior coping strategy. It is truly admirable that you went so long, and if you did it once, you can do it again, many times over. Perhaps, you could throw away your cutting tool if possible, and the band aids, that way, you'll have less incentive to do it, but if you find it too much to handle, please, try and find emotional support and if necessary, some professional support. There isn't any shame in asking for help again, even after so much time not needing to.
    You have the strength, you proved that for over a year, and you know as well as the rest of us, that you don't need to cut, there are other ways.
    Please be safe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.