Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheWr0ngChild, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Why is it that nobody REALLY cares? My support worker was off sick this week and it took me THREE DAYS to find out if he was going to meet me yesterday, nobody called, emailed, nothing. When I called the first time I was told nobody had a clue, then the second time I got some snappy receptionist informing me he was not there. As much as I understand people do get ill and take time off, it would have been nice to know.
    They probably did not call because they were not paid to. Thats all everything is about, money.

I need to get in touch with them about a counselling thing they are setting up for me that I might not be able to afford transport to get to. When they set it up I am supposed to attend all the sessions, which with my crippling pain will be hard enough without having to pay £8 one way in a fucking taxi.
    Don't anyone tell me not to have the internet, one trip at that cost would pay for the internet for a whole month with change. I'd be expected to go and pay it EVERY WEEK.

I can't understand why it has to be miles out of town, not everyone has cars or a £20.000 a year income. My PMS symptoms make using the bus almost impossible because I am prone to outbursts at members of the public and I look drunk alot of the time, thats not to mention the long walks from the bus to wherever. I just can't walk if I'm in alot of pain. I explained this to my support worker but NOBODY seems to get it, maybe they will when I land up in hospital, because that day is coming. It is like having a muscle wasting disease.

I'm fed up of crying. heh.
  2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I'm sorry to hear about that, maybe you can ask them if they can find another counselling that is the closes one to you. So you dont have to pay so much from getting there and back. I hope everything gets better for you :hug:
  3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I know how frustrating the system can be. I hope you'll be able to work things out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.