Signature Issues - Number of Characters Less?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by True-Lee, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I was changing my signature, while I did not count the number I am allowed, it does not say how many I am able to use, I tried deleting some to me at the time I thought it appeared to me less then I have now, I may be Wrong but how many are we allowed to use? It might be helpful to know I tried twice so I just left it to revert back to the old signatures It did not say, at least that I could see it only kept saying I had to many?

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I have just tested this and limitations are as follows:

1500 Characters (Including Spaces)
    3 Separated Lines of Signature

So you can do three paragraphs worth of signatures if you like as long as the total amount of characters in your signature does not exceed 1500 (including spaces). If you try to write more than 3 separate lines you will not be allowed (even if you keep within the character limit).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
  3. True-Lee

Well that is a conundrum, lol well for me it won't matter I only have 2 lines now and I don't think 300 letters so I am good, but I do want to Thank You I had 325 characters but 4 lines isn't that fun, is there someplace that can be posted but I guess that will be up to the IT people! we meet again lol, I have not heard a peep from you! lol! or a cicada sound either!Thanks Again!

4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

The signature settings were different for different user groups. IT (not me - I can't take credit) has altered it so that the settings are now as follows:

Maximum printable characters: » 1500
    +-
    Maximum links: » 2
    +-
    Maximum lines: » 5
    +-
    Maximum smilies: » 5
    +-
    Maximum text size (1 - 7): » 4

This is if you are in the "Registered Users" usergroup - which is the vast majority of people. Staff, under moderation etc have different permissions atm which will be made equal later today hopefully :)

5. True-Lee

6. True-Lee

I got issues? lol
    I want to thank Cicada and Freya for their prompt and generous assistance, wow what service we have here, Thank You Very Much,
    all of the people in here are so supportive in everything, what a world this would be if just a few more places were dedicated to giving the service we get here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.