Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by *dilligaf*, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I've asked these questions before I know I have but 1) I can't remember the answers 2) I can't be bothered to search through threads to find them and 3) I'm interested to see new answers as well.

Okay :laugh:

Who believes in an after life? And angels etc?

Right, for those of you that do, my question is this ... do you believe that your loved ones who have passed on can send you "signs" that they are around?

Example 1 : I was scared about starting a new volunteering job on Monday .. and when I got in there I saw these old place mats that my Nan used to have in her dining room, I felt safer there.

Example 2 : Sometimes when I am feeling low, and missing my Nan or something, a song will come on the radio that I haven't heard in ages and I wonder if it's a sign.

These sort of things. I don't want you to tell me if you think these specific things are signs .. I'm more interested in whether or not you think that signs from the dead are possible?
  2. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

How about when you get a call to a private number from the number of the house that a person used to live in, at a time when no one could've been there, at the very time before a very specific event that this person should've been very happy about? The call wasn't answered but it had been made at that very time.

I'd like to give more details but I don't want to risk exposing my identity.

I most definitely believe in the afterlife... don't know about angels, though; seems illogical. But as for ghosts... I've had experiences with ghosts myself, and I know others who have... for instance, a company where I live where all (or at least most) employees know it is haunted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
  3. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

I vaguely believe in an afterlife where nobody remembers who they used to be. Therefore, it's impossible for the dead to send us any "signs" about their well-being. I never really like the idea of dead relatives being able to see me in the bathroom, anyway... a bit creepy and a total invasion of privacy, IMHO.

I definitely don't believe in angels, and I haven't made up my mind about ghosts yet. I used to say I've had experiences with ghosts, but perhaps they were all just in my head. I'll have a chance to experiment with the dead sometime next year, though, and since I'll be approaching it with a skeptical mind I'll let you all know whether or not ghosts really exist. :)
  4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Don't really need any more indicators to their existence, myself. I actually always approach these things very sceptically, but with the things I know, believing anything else than that at least the paranormal exists would be pure denial. However, it is of course welcome with more knowledge about it, but then I'd rather find it myself... it can be quite bothersome, or sometimes even concerning, when people just refuse to believe. In regards to those who won't do so almost regardless of the evidence they are presented with, I guess they just must be afraid of the unknown... matters that may leave them out of control, even. I guess the first step to succeeding in making them believe is to rid them of their fears of it.
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I certainly belief in ghosts, angels and signs. I have had experiences with things in my life that can not be explained my any other means than ghosts or angels or the souls of the dead. As a teen they were scary but now I accept them for what they are. Besides it is impossible for me to believe that love as strong as that between special family members or friends can just end. So yes they leave us signs or "messages" when they see that we are struggling or as their way of saying "thinking of you today".
  6. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

I've experienced oddities ,to say the least,that even my mental condition can not explain away.Coincidences..things that made me pause.I matter how many times I get these "signs" doesn't act as a catalyst to my own ability to change for the better. I dunno but I have come to see that life is not exactly what we see it is on the surface.That is all I know.But I have to admit before a year ago..I would not have said this.
  7. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

..... < Ignore these; It said that my message was 'too short'.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.