Silly arguments

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Petal, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Me & my boyfriend have been arguing all day long. Literally all day. Not even over anything serious, just petty childishness from both of us I will admit. He has an attitude where he will never, ever admit he is wrong. So you guessed it, it is me that's always in the wrong. How annoying , eh? lol ... its been a long time since we have had arguments all day long..whats the best way to break the ice and try and remain more 'friendly'? :)

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Just say to him "Darling.... (or whatever!)..... what is going to become of our relationship if I am forever in the wrong?....... How do you think it makes me feel?"........ That might dislodge something in his brain :)

p.s. could you please tell me how you got your avatar back?

3. Petal

4. Petal

P.S I have just got a member to Private Message you to assist with the avatar issue :) Good luck!

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Get yourself a white board or a flip chart. Each time during the day that you both disagree/argue about something, stop and write it down. At the end of the day, each of you pick ONE item from the list that is the most important of all the items and debate that one item. If you do this, I promise you will both quickly discover how to avoid the petty disagreements and to focus on those things that are primary of importance.

We use this method, in a different way (problem solving and idea brainstorming) in business all the time.

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Thanks everyone for your advice - could not reupload my old avatar, so browsed the new one from my picture files, - reckon it's a good message too :)