silly, isn't it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by unhappy, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unhappy

unhappy New Member

Never been to a suicide forum. Feel I need it now. I can't handle my kids. My parents treat me like a piece of shit (and I guess I still care). My husband is generally OK, makes me feel wanted sexually, but doesn't lift a finger overall and prefers his computer to me and the kids any way. It's either suicide or running away. Can't think of any other options the way they have me cornered.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Try talking with husband about how you feel you need his support more and to lay off the computer a bit. Your parents treating you like that tell them too either treat you with respect or don't bother talking to you. You are feeling cornered then open up and talk to your husband tell him you feel like running. Sounds like you need a night to yourself get husband to look after kids and go enjoy yourself. Treat yourself to a massage spa shopping trip what ever take some time for you that will give you energy to face another day. Take care and keep venting here it does help to get things off your chest.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to SF.
    It may not seem like it now, but you do have other options.
    Have you told your family how you feel about this? You should tell them,they may be unaware of how they're behaving towards you.
    Do you have any friends you could talk to? Doctor? Therapist?
    Don't give up :hug:
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Isnt silly at all. It's what is eating at you and that makes it real and very important!!!
    I know the feeling 4 kids and no one there. And the ones that should be there arent there in a positive way. Like violet said, you need some time. Just for you. To get away from all the responsibilities and pain. Even if you just rent a hotel room for the day and night. Sit in there and dont lift a finger to do a thing except what feels good for you. No cleaning, no kids, no computer addicted hubby. Just you. Eat when you want, watch what you want and when you want. Go to bed when you want. I think it would be safe to say you havent done that in years. Then when you get home, have a long talk with your hubby. Or if you cant talk to him leave him an email telling him everything you need to say. At the end tell him you want to sit and talk this out. You also need to find some resources hun. Maybe someone that can watch the kids even one evening every other week so you can escape for a few hours. And you need to tell your family you are a grown person and if they cant help then to butt out. Please keep posting here. It is atleast a place for just you to come and let others help and support you as much as we can. PM anytime you'd like.
  5. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

I agree it isn't silly at all.Its a great idea for you to find a way to get away for a need time for need to make your family know you don't like being taken for granted.I bet a night away in a hotel room (leave a note saying you need a night away) where you can take a bubble bath and relax will wake your hubby up really fast...
    It would take courage to do that..and to not feel guilty.I 've heard of women doing this many times before..Another option is to get couples therapy with your hubby?
    Glad you are here..hope you get some relief in venting here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.