silly pets!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by meagainstme, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

my dog is the cutest dog ive ever seen and shes spoilt rotten. anyways, tonight my mom accidently opened the door and the dog went zooming out and ran riot on the street lol. dogs are so odd.

and one second she can be LOVELY. but if u drop something. its hers and she turns into a wolf. lol so funny to watch her.

i like hearing about other ppls weird pets habits...
    lets chat :)
  2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Awwww...your pup sounds hysterical! :)

I used to have 2 Prairie dogs named Cactus and Tumbleweed. Once Tumble (who was evil) got out of her cage and disappeared. We looked everywhere, and if you yell around a PD, they do this squeaky little bark, so we called her, and we heard this little squeak coming from the neighbor's storage closet. We went to look and she was making a nest...chewing up the neighbor's stuff and shoving out under the door. We tried to open the door but it was locked, so we had to knock on the neighbor's door to ask her to unlock it. My hubby and a male friend knocked with no answer (the woman was home alone and scared). Did I mention it was 10:30 pm? So I went to the door and knocked. Being a small female, she answered the door for me. Problem: the woman did not speak a word of English. So I am standing there at 10:30 at night, trying to mime to this woman the fact that we had a small rat-like creature in her closet who was destroying her precious belongings. I speak a little French, and she spoke Spanish, so I managed to get across that I (for some reason) wanted to get into her closet). At this point my husband and his friend came to the door and she very reluctantly let us into her house.

The woman I swear, thought she was going to be raped and murdered. So we led her to the storage closet and mimed the "open" sign (which, in retrospect, looked more like a stabbing motion). She got the picture and opened the closet, only to see her property within shredded beyond recognition. At this point, the woman was looking very puzzled.

Now, if you pick up Tumbleweed (remember, she is the spawn of Satan), she will bite your hand until her teeth meet in the middle. I don't know if she is a distant cousin of the Komodo Dragon, but her saliva burns like a sunuvabitch, and you begin to bleed profusely (she once bit through my Mother's fingernail). So I got a pillowcase ready to throw her into the second I grabbed her, which I am quite certain the woman thought I was going to pull over her head and commence the beatings.

I finally saw Tumble in the corner and bravely shot my hand in. I grabbed her squealing little rat-like body which was gyrating convulsively and in a single deft movement, threw her into the pillowcase, which, with Tumble inside, was also gyrating convulsively and squealing like nails on a blackboard. Cinching off the sack, I looked at the woman (who at this point was pale as a ghost and wondering what the fuck these crazy gringos were keeping as "pets"), and in my best Spanish accent managed a quick "gracias" before fleeing the scene. The woman moved out shortly after.
  3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

hehehehe pets are so funny sometimes. :rofl:

My dog can climb, we've discovered today. You see, Jasper kept getting into the neighbours backyard, and much to Roxy's dismay, she was left behind, and so she started barking, which was good for us because then we always knew when Jasper escaped. We figured out finally when there was mud all over the kennel that he was climbing onto it and jumping over the fence. So, we moved the kennel into the middle of the garden away from everything. Now every day he tries to push it back when he thinks we cant see, but we always manage to stop him before he gets far.

A few days later, he escaped again, but this time, he didn't climb onto the kennel. We looked around and found out he was climbing a really big bottlebrush tree we have that overlooks the neighbour's fence. So, we chopped off the really big branches on it, so he couldn't climb it.

All was well again, until he escaped to next door AGAIN today. Now we have found out he was scaling the back fence this time, and using the fence posts to climb over lol. And so now, we have concluded that the only way to keep Jasper in our backyard is to fully and completely fence up the dog enclosure and make it a cage lol.
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Because my homes have always been like the local zoo, have loads of pet stories. Also I can't bear anything to be caged so our animals have always had free range, this has meant curtains and backs of sofas have been chewed by hamsters for nesting, corners of books have been eaten away by guinea pigs, the rabbits(while I was out) liberated the feathers from my pillows and I came back to what looked like a snow storm:laugh:
    And best of all, while doing the shopping my 2 parrots decided the front room needed a makeover and proceeded to strip off the wallpaper..I was not best pleased!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.